Michelle Taylor and her son, Rob Taylor, have moved their sports shop, Ralph’s Sporting Goods, to a new location with new products offered! Michelle and Rob sold the lacrosse division of their sporting goods store and are now focusing on screen-printing and embroidery. Logo Wearhaus, their new store, is located in Carousel Village Plaza in Milton, one store front over from their former location.
- Can you tell us a little history about your business?
Rob: Logo Wearhaus began as Ralphs Sporting Goods in 2007. We carried a small selection of sporting goods equipment, primarily concentrating on lacrosse. At the same time we also offered promotional products and uniforms. Throughout the years we realized that we really enjoyed the promotions side of business and wanted to concentrate on that. Beginning in November we started the transition to Logo Wearhaus.
- What is the promo item business?Rob: Promotional products can be used by businesses to advertise their brand. They can also be used within a company to promote pride, or as a reward for a job well done. A recent advertising study conducted by Successful Promotions, found that promotional products have a better Return On Investment than TV, radio, magazines, newspapers and the Internet – with an average cost of just $0.004 per impression!
- Do you plan expanding again in the near future?Rob: We are expanding our business on a daily basis. We now carry a wide assortment of the 5.11 brand, often used for police officers and other emergency workers. We stock clothing, boots, and other accessories
- How do you compete with the big firms that sell their products worldwide on the internet?Rob: We are able to get our products from the same companies that the big businesses do. We are able to offer the same products to our customers, as if they were ordering from a big, internet based company.
- How could another business use promo items to build their own business?Rob: Promotional products are great for advertising, and making the public aware of what your company does. Even something as simple as a pen or coffee mug with your company’s logo on it can stick in someone’s mind and prompt them to do business with you.
- Have you seen any trends recently in promo items?Rob: A major trend we are seeing right now is anything to do with technology. Everyone uses a cell phone today, so any type of accessory is very popular. For example we have ordered custom phone cases with a company’s logo on it. Another big trend is reusable plastic cups with a company’s logo. Everyone is trying to do their part to be environmentally conscious.
- What fire, police, and EMT departments have you made uniforms for?Rob: We’ve worked with many local organizations, and are looking forward to expanding our services with the growth of our 5.11 product line.
- For which sport do you receive the most requests for uniforms?Rob: We work with all sports on a regular basis, depending on what is in season.
- Can you tell us a funny story about a request for an award or laser engraving?Rob: We have had a few funny situations but I can’t think of one right now for you on the spot.
- What is the most important part of your business to you?Rob: The most important part of our business is that we get to work with members of our local community and build lasting relationships with them.