While it seems like the summer Saratoga Performing Arts Center season just wrapped up, SPAC has already announced an exciting addition to the 2014 season. Russia’s legendary Bolshoi Ballet will perform at SPAC for the summer of 2014. SPAC is one of only 3 U.S. locations to be graced with a performance by the prestigious Bolshoi company.
Bolshoi Ballet is among the oldest ballet companies in the world and gained international acclaim during the early 20th century. In Russian, “bolshoi” means both ‘large’ and ‘grand.’ With over 200 dancers and a prestigious reputation, the company lives up to both meanings of its name.
- Martha Graham Dance Company • June 12th
- Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival • June 28- 29
- New York City Ballet • July 8-12
- New York City Ballet Gala • July 12
- MOMIX • July 22
- Bolshoi Ballet • July 30- August 1
- The Philadelphia Orchestra • August 6- 23
- Chamber Music Festival • August 11- 26
- Saratoga Wine & Food Festival • September 5-7
Follow Saratoga.com blog for the latest announcements in the arts, business, and all things Saratoga!