Flower children, gypsy queens, festie-heads, and bohemian goddesses have joined forces to create the foundation for this year’s summer trends. Think lace, burn out tees, thrift-inspired frocks, destroyed denim, mix-match patterns, headbands galore, silky bell bottoms,and fringe- put it all together and what do you get? The cool-girls closet for Summer 2014.
Don’t be a step behind this summer, wondering in what dress you should invest. Check out our guide to this summer’s necessities to make sure you are buffing up your wardrobe with all the right duds. No need to look too far or spend hours online, Downtown Saratoga has tons of shops that are always on trend. Here are our Ten Summer Must-Haves!
1. The little white dress is summer’s version of the lbd. Make it simple, make it cute, make it WHITE. The little white dress will enhance your tan and pair perfectly with tan gladiators or cute wedges, easily transforming the look from day to night. Wear it to a concert, to the beach over a bathing suit, or to a casual dinner with the hot guy you just met who you’re trying to impress without looking like you’re trying to impress him. Lucia Boutique in Saratoga has just what you’re looking for. Gypsie Junkie’s Daisy Lace Seville Tunic is the epitome of the LWD and is hanging at LUCIA waiting for you to snag it.
2. The statement necklace is the easiest way to make your plain outfit pop. This year, gaudy is good and it can be the perfect way to spice up a plain tank or pull together a colorful outfit. I have tons of them hanging daintily throughout my bathroom and I love walking in after putting an outfit together to try them on. Start your statement necklace collection today at Lola Accessory Boutique. We love the Three-Row Floral Strand Necklace that is on sale now at Lola. This accessory was made to wear with a simple tunic, jeans, and heels before you head out to the bars on Caroline Street!
3. Native American inspired accessories are making their mainstream debut. With fringe and feathers, beaded trim and hints of turquoise, Summer 2014 is the time to channel your inner Pocahontas. We love traditional, simple tributes to Native American garb and we happen to find just that at Saratoga’s Tushita Heaven. This eclectic boutique has an awesome collection of hard-to-find treasures and among them is this Leather Pouch Purse! Throw this purse on as a cross-body bag and call it a night; this pouch is small enough to not interfere with your dance moves and big enough to hold a credit card, phone, and your fave lipstick. Pick it up today at Tushita Heaven!
4. Ladies, thank the garment-gods, because crazy, comfy pants are in this summer! Girls across the globe have been seen donning breezy, wide-legged pants with zany patterns; these crazy-pant-ladies have been pairing their bottoms with quick messy bun, simple tops and sandals to balance out their outfit. Fashionistas everywhere can take a sigh of relief as we finally find the perfect harmony between comfort and cool. We didn’t have to look far to find a pair of these beauties for our closet as they were hiding in the racks at Saratoga Clothes Horse. How cool are these Wind River Batik Pants? These are a solid staple to have in your closet for a quick beach trip or something to pack for your next music festival! Get yours now at Saratoga Clothes Horse.
5. I don’t know about you, but I can never have enough layered bracelets. It might be a problem but I have to admit my wrists have their own wardrobe. Showing your personality with your arm candy is an easy way to amp up your outfit. Are you a mix-and-match girl or a less is more kind of gal? Either way, decorating your limbs is fashion-friendly this summer. Lola Accessory Boutique is home to this Pave Arrow Cuff; a silver statement piece with teeny-tiny detail that fits in an accessory expert’s or a bracelet beginner’s jewelry box. Get yours today at Lola Accessory Boutique!
6. There is one thing that never changes but certainly evolves every summer and that is floral print pieces. I cannot count how many floral leggings, daisy dresses, or sunflower maxi’s I have hanging in my closet and you know what-IT DOESN’T MATTER! I will never have enough wildflowers gracing my closet walls and I am thankful that flower power has rallied its way into Summer 2014. Add to your closet’s bouquet with the Reverse Take a Hint Maxi we found at Lucia Boutique. There is almost too much to choose from when it comes to finding the perfect floral print but this dress makes it easy. The light fabric and strappy details make us crave this maxi! Pair with wedges for a date night out and we guarantee he will call you again.
7. This summer we will live by the sun but love by the moon! We found a super-cute accessory to embody our theme with Chibi Jewels Tiny Crescent Moon Earrings. I’m sure you won’t be surprised we spotted these little beauties at Lucia Boutique and knew right away they were a must have. Having earrings that match almost any outfit is a cardinal rule when it comes to creating the perfect wardrobe and these moon earrings had us howling. They are simple enough to pair with a funky crop top yet elegant enough to complement your little white dress. Channel your inner moonchild and snag your pair today at Lucia!
8. The bandeau, or bralette, made its debut about 2 summers ago as a cute way to stay cool. Hidden underneath a loose tank or paired perfectly with distressed, high-waisted shorts, the bandeau is sexy but doesn’t over do it. We love this look and are thankful it has stayed in style and made its way into Summer 2014. The bralette won’t fade away and it is because it continues to evolve with staples that remain on trend. We found this lacey, dainty little bralette at Violet’s of Saratoga. This little Free People beauty deserves a spot in your closet and is begging to be shown-off underneath that light, breezy romper you haven’t gotten to wear yet. Snag yours today at Violet’s!
9. Every summer, I struggle to find a pair of sandals that make sense with my closet; some are too glitzy and others are too drab and I start each June with a mini-panic attack. I search high and low to find a pair of sandals that translate from day to night, beach to party and when I find them I treasure them forever (or at least until the following summer). Thankfully for you, Violet’s of Saratoga has found the shoe for you with these beautiful Jack Rogers sandals. Stop into Violet’s to get your pair today!
10. I honestly don’t think there is such a thing as having too many necklaces. A girl who is truly on a quest to compile the perfect summer wardrobe should have a little of everything: the hemp/wrap necklace, the spike necklace, the pearl necklace, the bauble necklace, and most importantly the “this looks really expensive but it isn’t” necklace. The latter is one of the hardest things to come by-it needs to be extravagant but not cheap looking and should be a piece you have for awhile. Hidden in the cases at Violet’s of Saratoga, we found just what we were looking for. This Wanderlust and Company necklace is just dreamy and we promise it is worth the small splurge.
In girl-world, finding the best summer wardrobe staples is like striking gold! We know from experience that Downtown Saratoga has tons of gems waiting for you to uncover and we want you to use our guide as your treasure map! While you’re in town, you can take a break from the tedious job of shopping and have a bite at one of Saratoga’s awesome eateries. Afterwards, give your new ensemble a test run at a concert at SPAC, a day at the Saratoga Racetrack, or grab a drink at one of Saratoga’s many bars! We want to know which pick was your favorite so comment below and tell us what you think. To stay in-the-know about what Saratoga has to offer, check out Saratoga.com.