Can you believe Chowderfest 2015 is almost here?! If you’re like me and crazy for seafood, you’re probably wondering where to go this Saturday to find delicious lobster meat, crab claws, clams and other seafood yummies in your chowder samples. Well, good news, we have your road map to find the participants who are serving various seafood chowders this year. (And if you hate seafood or have an allergy, you’ll know which places to avoid!)
Seafood Chowder Served At Chowderfest 2015
- 15 Church – New England Clam Chowder
- American Culinary Federation – Manhattan Clam Chowder (Gluten-Free)The American Culinary Federation won Best Newcomer at Chowderfest 2011! They will be serving their chowder this year at the Saratoga City Center.
- Chianti Il Ristorante – Hake & Cod Chowder (in a bean medley with crushed tomatoes and “smoked potatoes”)
- Circus Cafe – Manhattan Clam Chowder (topped with fresh crabmeat and a parmesan crostini)
- Jacob & Anthony’s American Grille – Seafood Chowder
- Longfellows Restaurant – Lobster Baked Potato ChowderLongfellows won the Best Non Downtown award from 2008 to 2013!
- Maestro’s at the Van Dam – Five Onion Clam Chowder
- Moby Rick’s Seafood – Gluten and Dairy-Free Seafood Borscht
- Mouzon House – Caribbean Chowder (seafood based with lemongrass, lime and coconut milk base)
- Panza’s Restaurant – New England Clam Chowder
Panza’s won Best Chowder Under 1,000 Served in 2014!
- Parting Glass – Shrimp and Corn Chowder (with Jameson’s candied lobster and shamrock cornbread)
The Parting Glass has done spectacularly at past Chowderfest events! From 2010 to 2013, The Parting Glass received the award for Most Chowder Served! At Chowderfest 2011 and 2009, The Parting Glass took home the People’s Choice Award and in 2008 was the Best Off-Broadway winner.
- Pasta Pane – Old-Fashioned Creamy Clam & Pancetta Chowder with Crispy Clams
Pasta Pane is serving their chowder from Forno Bistro.
- Thirsty Owl Bistro – Seafood Chowder (Gluten Free)
The Thirsty Owl Bistro took home Best Newcomer at Chowderfest 2014.
- Three Vines Bistro – Jalapeno Corn Lobster Bisque
- Universal Preservation Hall – Manhattan Clam Chowder (by Mazzone Catering)
Stay tuned for even more seafood chowders added to the list! For the most up-to-date information on Chowderfest, visit the Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau’s website here >>
Looking for MORE chowders? Check out the full list of Chowderfest participants and their chowder flavors here >>