Our list of accolades continues! According to the 2011 – 2013 data from the American Lung Association’s 16th annual State of the Air Report, Saratoga County is one of the cleanest in regards to air quality compared to other counties in New York and the country.
Why did Saratoga get such a high score on the report? It did not have any high ozone or high particle days. Albany County, however, had three high ozone days and one high particle day. Other data from nearby counties were marked incomplete according to information from the organization.
Since we have such great, clean air in Saratoga, let’s do our best to keep it that way! There are several easy ways to make a difference in keeping Saratoga’s air clean:
- Don’t use backyard burn barrels
- Choose pump sprays over aerosol sprays
- Avoid spills when refueling garden equipment
- Use latex paints over oil-based paints
- Regularly maintain your heating system to lower carbon monoxide emissions