In addition to the Race Course, Saratoga Springs has always been a haven for the arts. This year, SaratogaArtsFest is offering a fantastic line-up of events the weekend of June 12th through the 14th, and on June 17th to commemorate Saratoga’s centennial celebration.
Dee Sarno, chair of the SaratogaArtsFest board told the Saratogian, “The arts have always played an important role in Saratoga Springs. To celebrate the town’s centennial, we want to shine a spotlight on the organizations, artists, galleries and museums that continue to enrich Saratoga Springs. The goal is to give residents and visitors alike a taste of the diversity and creativity of the arts in our community.”
- Meet-and-Greet Cocktail Party at the Universal Preservation Hall from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. The party will serve as a welcoming to the members of the prestigious Orchard Project that is taking residence throughout June at the Universal Preservation Hall. There dishes from various Saratoga restaurants and chance to meet the founder of the Orchard Project.
- An en plein air Paint Out on Broadway – Watch artists demonstrate their skills by painting downtown Saratoga cityscapes
- “Happy Birthday Saratoga Springs” Party with cupcakes and children’s games in Congress Park @ 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Concert by the Ballston Spa Community Band in Congress Park 3:00 p.m.
- Saratoga Sings the Centennial Performance by Opera Saratoga
- John Pizzarelli and his Jazz Quartet at the Arthur Zankel Music Center at 8:00 p.m.
- Performances by LeMoyne College’s Fermata Nowhere a cappella singers and the Saratoga Springs High School Jazz Band at 12:00 p.m.
- Performance by the Saratoga Chamber Players at the Methodist Church on Fifth Ave.
- Crafts for Children at Saratoga Children’s Museum from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- “Dancing Through Time” at the National Museum of Dance at 2:00 p.m. will feature a program with choreography by Skidmore professors and a diverse selection of dance genres performed by students.
- Saratoga 20×20 presented by the Saratoga Film Forum at 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Dee Sarno Theater. A Pecha Kucha inspired event, each participant will show 20 slides that only last 20 seconds. A reception is to follow the demonstration.
Wednesday, June 17
- Lar Lubovitch Dance Company at SPAC