It’s finally here… Opening Weekend! There is a ton to do in Saratoga this weekend in addition to track events and we’ve rounded up our favorite events to kick-off track season for 2015!
Fairs and Festivals
All Weekend Long
- The 174th Saratoga County Fair is going on all weekend! Don’t miss one of the country’s oldest fairs filled with delicious food, live music and great contests.
- Taste NY: Craft Beer will be at the track on Friday! Taste numerous craft beers produced exclusively by New York State breweries.
- Dress to impress at the track on Saturday, it’s Fashion Saturday! Local fashion retailers and spas will be highlighted and prizes for the best dressed man and woman will be awarded.
- Taste NY: Food & Artisans will be at the track. Try delicious foods from up to 19 food and artisan vendors!
- Get out your best hat on Sunday for the 24th Annual Hat Contest. This popular contest invites track goers to compete for prizes in specific categories with the most creative, over-the-top hats you have ever seen!
- The first giveaway of the season is also on Sunday! The Saratoga Race Course is giving away a free Saratoga baseball cap with each paid admission to the races.
Friday & Sunday
- Saratoga Shakespeare will perform “Love’s Labours Lost” in Congress Park at 6:00 PM. This playful and funny production reimagines Shakespeare’s classic comedy in Ragtime era Saratoga.
- “The Merry Wives of Windsor” will be performed by ADK Shakespeare at the National Museum of Dance on Sunday at 3:00 PM. A flurry of clowns, funny accents and fairies all make this play an unforgettable romp around Windsor!
- Take a walk through Congress Park on the History, Legend, Lore & More Guided Tour. Learn about the colorful characters who helped make Saratoga what it is today while sipping the famous mineral waters and strolling through historic Congress Park.
- Join the Northshire Bookstore and award-winning local journalist, Thomas Dimopoulos for a celebration of the story of an extraordinary city, Saratoga!
- Learn about the grand residential streets of Saratoga lined with elegant Victorian and Crafstman houses on Jason Scott’s Summer Stroll on Sunday morning. Pre-regristration is preferred!
Friday & Saturday
- Hats Off to Saratoga is a weekend festival celebrating opening weekend! All performances are free and open to the public. Check out the line-up!
- The Audiostars will perform at The Horseshoe Inn Bar & Grill after the races end on Friday night.
- In the mood for jazz? Swing by The Crown Grill starting at 7:00 PM.
- Come see Virgil Cain on the back patio of Gaffney’s! You won’t want to miss their performance.
Enjoy live entertainment from Al Bruno at The Crown Grill on Sunday evening!
Check out the full list of events happening in Saratoga!