We all know this past weekend for the Fourth of July in Saratoga was spectacular, but could this weekend even be better? I think so! The New York City Ballet has returned, there are several great live music performances and more! Check out our favorite events and activities happening this weekend in Spa City:
- The New York City Ballet Gala Lawn Party will take place on Saturday, July 11 starting at 5:30 PM. The theme this year is 1930’s Art Deco! There will be a world-class performance by the NYCB, live music by Soul Session, dancing and fireworks! Get your tickets today before they sell out.
- Head to Double M to catch the rodeo on Friday night! The show starts at 8:00 PM and kids ages five to twelve get in for only $5.
- The Town of Wilton’s Annual Community Day, ParkFest, will take place on Saturday in Gavin Park. There will be prizes, live music, a custom & classic car show, children’s activities and much more!
- Frances Day at The Tang will celebrate the honor of the museum’s namesake, Frances Young Tang. Admission is free so that everyone can explore the museum through tours, art-making, music and more.
- Round up the whole family and explore Saratoga’s most beautiful gardens at the 21st Annual Secret Gardens Tour on Sunday. The day will feature a variety of gardens plus an insider’s tour of Congress Park to celebrate the city’s 100th anniversary. Get your tickets today!
- Enjoy a game of polo! The Adirondack Trust Celebrate Saratoga Cup will be played on the historic Whitney Field on Friday evening. There will also be an Equestrian Exhibition at 4:30 PM that includes jumping and dressage.
- Catch the Celebrate Saratoga Cup Finals on Sunday evening also at the Whitney Field! Grab your friends, reserve tailgate space and watch the polo game.
- Take a quick drive to Salem and catch Aja Nisenson perform the world premiere of her new one-woman show, Five Years Later. Aja weaves unique jazz song interpretations into comic caricatures throughout the show that you will not want to miss!
- Audience members of all ages will enjoy Letters From a Window in the Sky at the National Museum of Dance on Friday. This fun-filled journey through some of the finest children’s literature is the perfect way to spend your afternoon.
- Opera Saratoga presents the world premiere of The Long Walk on Friday at the Spa Little Theater. This new opera tells the story of a soldier’s return from Iraq and his struggles as he tries to reintegrate into his family life after the war.
- Opera Saratoga presents La Cenerentola, Rossini’s version of Cinderella. Expect magical enchantment, top-tapping melodies and over-the-top situations in this rags-to-riches tale.
- Dido and Aeneas will be performed by Opera Saratoga. This opera is the first Baroque piece in the company’s history and has a unique production.
- Enjoy live jazz music on Friday evening at the Crown Grill starting at 7:00 PM!
- UpBeat on the Roof is featuring Bryan Thomas, an Albany-based soul rock artist on the rooftop of the Tang Museum starting at 7:00 PM.
- Voted Saratoga’s best karoake, come sing your heart out at Circus Café!
- Check out String Theory at The Wine Bar. Hear everyone’s favorite classic rock songs of the decade from Van Morrison to Crosby, Stills & Nash.
- Come see Funkalicious perform live at Bailey’s Cafe! You won’t want to miss out on this funky evening.