NYRA’s Reorganization Board of Directors heard a comprehensive report at the most recent meeting in Manhattan. The board recapped the record 2015 Saratoga meet and outlined the strong financial performance and results. Get the scoop:
CEO and President, Christopher Kay, outlined the final results for the 147th meet at the Saratoga Race Course, which came to a close on Monday, September 7th.
In 2015, NYRA averaged $16,403,042 in race handle on the Saratoga product, becoming the first non-Breeders’ Cup race meet in America to average more than $16 million in daily race handle on its own product. Saratoga is the only North American race meet which runs six days a week, making this achievement even more incredible.
Focusing on the overall experience enjoyed by horseplayers, fans and their families at the Spa, Kay stated that capital improvements and facility enhancements at Saratoga Race Course since 2013 have supported corresponding boosts in interest, attendance and handle for the 2015 season. These additions and upgrades included:
- The Saratoga Walk of Fame, an open-air pavilion honoring owners, trainers and jockeys who have left an indelible mark on thoroughbred racing at the Spa.
- The Tom Durkin Replay Center, offering fans the opportunity to view and hear 24 classic calls by the legendary race caller, who retired in 2014 following a 24-year career as the voice of New York racing.
- A revitalized Lower Carousel and new Fourstardave Sports Bar featuring five dozen tables available for daily reservation, an extensive craft beer selection and 40 flat-screen televisions. A total of 2,214 tables were reserved in the Fourstardave Sports Bar throughout the meet, demonstrating the popularity and appeal of the new hospitality offering.
- A new, reserved picnic table section, providing families and fans added convenience throughout the 2015 meet. A total of 2,893 picnic tables were reserved this summer.
- The installation of three new, high-definition video boards in the vast Saratoga backyard, providing horseplayers, families and fans with a crystal-clear platform to enjoy the on-track action.
We’re already looking forward to breaking more records at the 2016 Summer Meet at the Saratoga Race Course!