Do you have plans for New Year’s Eve yet? If not, this just may be the year you want to check out First Night in Saratoga!
Saratoga Arts has an incredible line up this year of over 70 performers in 30 venues throughout downtown Sarartoga for their 30th anniversary – get ready for music, magic, comedy, dance, kids events, and fireworks in Congress Park!
Here’s what we can expect to ring in 2017 in style!
The main stage this year features an A-list of “local grown groups:”
- Kicking off with The Figgs (indie-rock, groove)
- Returning favorite Sirsy (pop-rock, soul)
- Headlining Wild Adriatic (funk-rock fusion)
A wide span of genres is covered – from country to rock to classical to blues to jazz and more!
- Matthew Boyce (award-winning Elvis impersonator) and his band Suspicious Minds
- Crow Ridge
- Darling Valley
- Grit N Whiskey
- Harold Ford
- Holly & Evan Band
- Hot Club of Saratoga
- JV & The Cutters
- LB Walker
- Living Roots Trio
- Nisky Dixie Cats
- Ramblin Jug Stompers at the WEXT stage
- Seibel and Syracuse
- Also talented up-and-coming 19-year-olds Shane Guerrette, Maddy Hicks, and Arianna Stewart
- Saratoga Savoy will be emceeing a dance party in the City Center with:
- Alex Torres and his Latin Orchestra
- Nitro Jive, a hot swing group
- Seth & the Moody Melix will be at the Lake Avenue School for little dancers
- Matt Bergman: Comedy Works sponsored comedian
- Erin Harkes: award-winning local comedian and singer-songwriter
- Mop & Bucket Company: local improv troupe
- Dwayne Murphy, Jr.: finalist at Boston Comedy Festival
- Patrick Davis: Levitation and up-close magic
- Scott Jameson: For the younger crowd, will be pulling umbrellas out of thin air and making foam balls appear in the closed hands of unsuspecting helpers
- Dan Meyer: Sword-swallowing stunts, has earned seven Guinness Book of World Record titles
- Michael Ray: Comic hypnotist
- John Stetson: One of the most well-known mentalists in the country
- More tarot card readers, rune readers, and psychic mediums than ever before
First Night 5k Run
Up for a 5k on New Year’s Eve? This annual run starts and ends on the Skidmore campus. The entry fee is $30, but register quickly if you’re planning to participate – this is a very popular race that closes out early, and there is no day-of registration.
Buttons cost $20 and give you access to all First Night venues and performers all night long – there is also a free CDTA bus service.
Buttons can be purchased at a number of locations listed on the Saratoga Arts website or online.
In honor of the 30th anniversary, Saratoga Arts is partnering with Price Chopper to offer a discounted rate – you can purchase a button for just $15 at Price Chopper locations, Saratoga Arts, and online through December 25th.
GE Kids in Free Days
Detach the coupon on your button card and redeem it on New Year’s Eve to allow one admission for a child 12 or under to all First Night vendors. These can be redeemed at one of the following locations: Saratoga Arts, Saratoga City Center, or the Lake Avenue School (between 6pm and 9pm).
Shuttle and Parking
CDTA is offering a free shuttle service! Find more information about where the shuttle stops are and where you can park your car here >>
Where to Stay
Saratoga Arts would like to encourage patrons looking for lodging for the evening to consider one of their hospitality sponsors:
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Embassy Suites
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott
- The Hilton
- Holiday Inn
- Hyatt Place Saratoga/Malta
- Marriott Residence Inn
- Pavilion Grand
- Union Gables
Saratoga Arts is committed to making arts accessible for all in the Saratoga area through grants and education programs. They cover arts and arts education for all ages and skill levels, and all mediums – music, theater, and more.
Don’t miss out on the epic Saratoga First Night 2017!