Each year, Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) works hard to expand their offerings, promote the arts, and provide audiences with something new and exciting. Over the past month, the performing arts venue has announced some major news, including new ways to save on tickets for the 2018 season, the first-ever SPAC appearance by the Trinity Irish Dance Company, and more!
Mark Your Calendar for the Trinity Irish Dance Company
One of the biggest stories from Saratoga Performing Arts Center this year is the reveal that the Trinity Irish Dance Company will bring their percussive movements and innovative choreography to the venue on July 30 at 8:00pm. Founded in 1990, the dance company is recognized as the birthplace of progressive Irish, which influenced the creation of Riverdance and other commercial productions.
When they perform at SPAC on July 30, audience members will get to experience the company’s unique blend of high-flying, quick-footed, athletic, and artistic dance set against original contemporary Irish music.
Tickets for this amphitheater-only performance are on sale to the public for $27, $37, and $57. Prior to the dance company’s debut, SPAC will present a high-energy performance by 80 local children who have been participating in The Performance Project: Youth in Motion. This will be held at 7:15pm on July 30.
Spring Education Initiatives & Ticket Deals
During their recent March board meeting, Saratoga Performing Arts Center announced their free spring education programs, upcoming special performances, and a variety of new ticketing offers and packages.
To further their committment to youth arts education, SPAC will offer expansive school and community-based arts and educational programs this spring, including the following:
- Black Violin will perform live at Saratoga Springs High School on April 9; this will be a free and interactive performance for students.
- Classical Kids, presented by Union College, will introduce performing arts in various Capital Region elementary and middle school classrooms.
- From March 19 – April 19, the Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company will visit 22 area schools and demonstrate basic dance vocabulary and provide insights into this art form.
- From April 23 – 27, Philadelphia Orchestra cellist, Bob Cafaro, will lead orchestra demonstrations in 10 Capital Region schools.
- From May 9 – 22, 14 area schools will experience music from Hot Club of Saratoga, a gypsy, jazz swing quartet.
For 2018, two of SPAC’s new classical ticket incentives will include:
- SPAC Bonus Bundle – When you purchase any two performances of the National Ballet of Cuba, New York City Ballet, or Philadelphia Orchestra, you will receive a third for free. To receive this offer, go to SPAC’s online ticket page and enter code BB2018 at checkout.
- Experience SPAC! – New customers can receive buy one get one free tickets for performances of the National Ballet of Cuba, New York City Ballet, and Philadelphia Orchestra. To receive this offer, go to SPAC’s online ticket page and enter code NEW2018 at checkout.
Promoting Saratoga’s Rich Arts Scene
Saratoga Performing Arts Center has partnered with the City of Saratoga Springs to promote the area’s arts scene as part of a Cultural Tourism Campaign Economic Development initiative.
To kick off this initiative, the City has awarded SPAC a $14,000 economic development award. This award will be used to promote Saratoga Springs as a worldwide destination for arts and culture.
SPAC and the City will work with Rebecca Davis Public Relations to highlight upcoming arts and cultural events to both national and international media. The initiative is expected to begin this spring season.