The City of Saratoga Springs is brimming with history, you just have to know where to look. During the Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation’s summer series of walking tours, participants will explore and learn about the Spa City’s architecture, historic neighborhoods, and more.
Take a Tour of the City’s Fascinating History
These historic walking tours are presented by the Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation (SSPF), a nonprofit organization that promotes preservation and enhancement of Saratoga Springs’ architectural, cultural, and landscaped heritage. The 2019 Summer Strolls will be offered every Sunday morning from June 16 through September 1. Each one will begin at 10:30am and last approximately 90 minutes.
If you’re interested in taking a tour through Saratoga’s history, then you’ll be happy to hear that tickets cost just $7 for SSPF members and $10 for non-members. When you buy a ticket for four tours, you will receive a fifth tour for free!
Reservations are encouraged but not needed to participate. For more information, you can call the Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation at (518) 587-5030, visit www.saratogapreservation.org, or email Nicole Babie, Membership & Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this year’s summer series, the strolls will include:
- Sunday, June 16 – The Good Life: North Broadway (Event Has Passed)
- Sunday, June 23 – Historic Congress Park
- Sunday, June 30 – Wealth & Wellness: Franklin Square
- Sunday, July 7 – The Spa Complex
- Sunday, July 14 – Historic Fifth & Madison Avenues
- Sunday, July 21 – Here Lies Saratoga’s Past: Greenridge Cemetery
- Sunday, July 28 – Post Time!
- Sunday, August 4 – Broadway in 1874
- Sunday, August 11 – Saratoga & The Civil War
- Sunday, August 18 – The Good Life: North Broadway
- Sunday, August 25 – Saratoga’s Historic West Side
- Sunday, September 1 – Queen Annes: Circular Street & Union Avenue