Summer is in full swing in Saratoga Springs, and if you’re looking to have some fun, then downtown is where you need to be. However, before you take a drive to downtown Saratoga, make sure you’re aware of the recent parking changes in several garages and lots.
Find Your Ideal Parking Spot in the Downtown Area
To help accommodate everyone who would like to visit downtown Saratoga, the City of Saratoga Springs worked with the Chamber of Commerce to implement new parking changes in the area. Some of these changes involved making long-term parking spaces into short-term ones.
As described by John Daley, Deputy Commissioner of Public Safety in Saratoga Springs, the following parking changes went into effect starting early June 2019:
- High Rock Avenue Lot – Offers 12-hour parking.
- Spring Street Parking Lot – Offers 24-hour parking, except for the spaces immediately adjacent to Spring Street (the southernmost spaces), which are 3-hour parking.
- Walton Street Garage – Offers 24-hour parking on the ground level for all spaces north of the entrance.
- 4-Level Woodlawn Avenue Garage – Offers 3-hour parking from 9:00am-6:00pm on the outside lot, ground level, and ramp. The garage also offers 24-hour parking on the upper levels.
- Putnam Street Garage – Offers 3-hour parking from 9:00am-6:00pm on the lower level, and 24-hour parking on the upper level except for the spaces immediately adjacent to the nearby restaurant (the northernmost spaces), which are 3-hour parking. There is no parking for any spaces from 11:00pm-6:00am, November 1 – April 1, so plowing can be done overnight.
For more info on parking options and locations, visit our Parking section >>
You can also contact the Deputy Commissioner of Public Safety for additional info about the parking changes at 518-587-3550, ext. 2631.