Since opening in 1966, Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) has continued to grow as a premier arts venue. In fact, this past year, SPAC completed a $1.75 million improvements project to modernize the aging balcony ramps. At a recent board meeting in October 2019, the performing arts center announced plans to both upgrade their facilities further and expand their programming.
Enjoy an Improved Visitor Experience at SPAC
According to an article by the Daily Gazette, SPAC President/CEO Elizabeth Sobol laid out the venue’s project plans over the coming months. In collaboration with the New York State Parks Department, Empire State Development, and other partners, SPAC will fully renovate the concessions area, expand the restroom facilities, and develop new education and programming spaces on the grounds.
These new spaces will be a major addition to SPAC because they’ll be able to accommodate year-round educational programming. SPAC has worked hard to become a true year-round arts destination, and this project will help them achieve that goal. They expect to be finished before the 2020 classical season.
Mark Your Calendar for Upcoming SPAC Events
As part of their commitment to offer a wide range of programs throughout the year, SPAC will present a more extensive fall/winter season in November and December, including:
- November 17 – Nutcracker Tea (11:00am)
- November 17 – Nutcracker Tea (3:00pm)
- December 4 – The Vienna Boys Choir
- December 6 – “The Nutcracker” by The Salzburg Marionettes
- December 7 – “The Nutcracker” by The Salzburg Marionettes
- December 14 – Orchestra of St. Luke’s Performs Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos
- December 19 – VOCES8
The Daily Gazette noted that SPAC featured a record number of premieres from every residency this year, which shows that the venue can continue to grow in the future.
- Daily Gazette – SPAC eyes facilities upgrades, ‘major step’ with winter programming