Looking to get your kids more interested in the fine arts? Visit The Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery for Fall 2019 Family Saturdays! Every Saturday from October 5 through November 23, the Tang will be providing kids with fun, hands-on, creative programming that interacts with the museum’s fall exhibitions.
Exhibitions currently on display at the Tang include Beauty and Bite, Elevator Music 39: Bug, Serious Sparkle, and Ree Morton: The Plant That Heals May Also Poison. The fun, multi-generational discussion and hands-on activities will examine and interact with works from each of these exhibits.
Children 5 years and older are welcome to attend, but all children and tweens must be accompanied by an adult. Although most of the events are for all children, there will be separate times and activities for kids and tweens on October 26 and November 9.
The Fall 2019 Family Saturdays Lineup
- October 5, 2 pm to 3:30 pm — Mapping: Images and Symbols (Ree Morton)
- October 12, 2 pm to 3:30 pm — What Empowers You? (Serious Sparkle)
- October 19, 12 pm to 1:30 pm — Celebration Weekend — Drop in Art Activity
- October 26, 1 pm to 2:30 pm — Moving Images (Beauty and Bite) for kids aged 5-9
- October 26, 3 pm to 4:30 pm — Moving Images (Beauty and Bite) for tweens aged 10-13
- November 2, 2 pm to 3:30 pm — Flags for Friends (Ree Morton)
- November 9, 1 pm to 2:30 pm — Bugged Out! (Elevator Music 39: Bug) for kids aged 5-9
- November 9, 3 pm to 4:30 pm — Bugged Out! (Elevator Music 39: Bug) for tweens aged 10-13
- November 16, 2 pm to 3:30 pm — Futuristic Environments (Beauty and Bite)
- November 23, 2 pm to 3:30 pm — the 17th annual Make-a-Turkey-Out-of-a-Potato Festival
All of the events are free, but you are required to register ahead of time to reserve your spot. Reservations are being accepted starting one week prior to each event at (518) 580-8080.
Don’t forget to share your photos from Family Saturdays on social media with the hashtag #tangfamsat!