Each year, the Saratoga Casino Hotel Foundation selects several local non-profits that are making a difference in Saratoga County communities and rewards them with generous grants. At their annual ceremony this October, the foundation awarded more than $28,000 to 24 organizations.
Fortunes Restaurant at the Saratoga Casino Hotel hosted the ceremony on Sunday, October 27. Checks ranging from $500 to $2,500 were presented to representatives from the 24 non-profit organizations in recognition of their generous work in Saratoga County.
“The recipients of these grants have done tremendous work for those they serve, and we’re happy the Foundation can do its small part to assist these organizations in their missions,” said Saratoga Springs Supervisor Matthew Veitch in a statement.
- AIM Services: $500
- Best Buddies: $1,000
- Camp TLC: $1,000
- Captain Community Human Services: $1,500
- The Center for Problem Gambling – Saratoga County: $1,500
- Franklin Community Center: $2,000
- Habitat for Humanity: $1,000
- Mechanicville Area Community Services Center: $1,500
- New York Race Track Chaplaincy: $1,000
- Rebuilding Together: $1,500
- Salvation Army: $1,000
- Saratoga Center for the Family: $1,500
- Saratoga County Children’s Committee: $1,000
- Saratoga County Historical Society/Brookside Museum: $1,000
- Saratoga Hospital Foundation: $500
- Saratoga Mentoring Program of Catholic Charities: $500
- Saratoga Sponsor a Scholar: $1,000
- Saratoga Springs History Museum: $1,000
- Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation: $500
- Schuylerville Area Food Emergency Relief: $1,500
- Senior Citizens Center of Saratoga Springs: $500
- Stillwater Food Pantry: $1,500
- Town of Malta Emergency Food Pantry: $1,500
- Wellspring: $2,500
“The Foundation was created 15 years ago in conjunction with the Saratoga County Board of Supervisors, with the intention to assist as many local organizations as we possibly could,” said Skip Carlson, Vice President of External Affairs at Saratoga Casino Hotel, in a statement. “We’re proud to be staying true to that mission by providing necessary funding to local organizations so they can continue the commendable work they do in our community.”
The foundation is funded each year by the Saratoga Casino Hotel and the Saratoga Harness Horseperson’s Association. They have donated more than $425,000 to over 175 organizations since 2004.