And they’re off! The Saratoga Downtown Business Association is excited to mark the long-awaited return of racing season with the first-ever Celebrate Saratoga event tonight, July 15. This event was made possible in collaboration with NYRA and the Saratoga Springs Downtown Special Assessment District. Festivities will run from 6:30-8:30pm in downtown after Opening Day at Saratoga Race Course.
There will be live music scattered around the area, including:
- Pat Decker at Palette
- Kevin McKrell at Adirondack Trust
- Jeanine Ouderkirk at Henry Street Taproom
- Jacksland at Caroline and Main
- Erin Harkes Band at Spa City Motor Lodge
- Tim Wechgelaer & Chris Carey at the Arcade Building
- Seth Warden and Company at Ben & Jerry’s
- Steve Candlen at Toga Heritage
- Lifeline at Impressions of Saratoga
- Hot Club of Saratoga at the Saratoga Visitors Center
In addition to the live entertainment, stores will be competing in a storefront window decorating contest judged by legendary horse racing announcer, Tom Durkin, popular CBS6 news anchor, Liz Bishop, and 93.3FM award-winning veteran broadcaster, Walt Adams. Prizes include various tickets to the 2021 Saratoga Race Course meet. Winners will be announced at the track on Saturday, July 17.
NYRA will also be sponsoring an Enter-to-Win drawing where one randomly selected winner will receive two Clubhouse reserved seats for Runhappy Travers Day on Saturday, August 28. The winner will be announced on the Saratoga DBA Facebook page on Saturday, July 17.
Don’t miss out on this vibrant downtown event!