Racing season is about to begin, summer concerts are returning to Congress Park, and there is even more to be excited about in Saratoga. Check out upcoming events and newsy updates in our latest roundup!
Summer Is Heating Up With Fun-Filled Events
Here’s a preview of what’s happening this weekend and next in the Saratoga area:
- Concert In The Park & Cruise-In at Halfmoon Town Park: Friday, July 9
- Corvette and All Chevrolet Car Show: Saturday, July 10
- Mind Body Soul Open-air Market: Saturday, July 10 – Sunday, July 11
- New Era Car Show: Sunday, July 11
- Summer Stroll: Mail-Order Houses of Saratoga: Sunday, July 11
- 26th Annual Secret Gardens Tour: Sunday, July 11
- Summer Concert Series in Congress Park: The Proudest Monkey: Sunday, July 11
- Performing Arts at the Common: Moonshine Junkies: Sunday, July 11
- Malta Summer Concert Series: Big Medicine: Wednesday, July 14
- 28th Annual Newton Plaza Siro’s Cup: Wednesday, July 14
- Ballston Spa Concerts in the Park: North & South Dakotas: Thursday, July 15
- Celebrate Saratoga!: Thursday, July 15
5 Newsy Tidbits That You Should Know About
Opening Day Is Next Week – Get Ready to Celebrate!
The long wait is nearly over – Opening Day at Saratoga Race Course is next Thursday, July 15. To celebrate this festive occasion, the Saratoga Springs Downtown Business Association will host a special event on July 15 featuring live music from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Local bands will be playing throughout the downtown area, so stop by and have some fun.
National Museum of Racing to Host Training Track Tours
Have you ever wanted to learn more about the Oklahoma Training Track and horse racing in Saratoga? Now you can, thanks to the National Museum of Racing’s Oklahoma Training Track Tours. During racing season, the Museum will offer exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of the historic training track. Tours are available by reservation only and will last for approximately 1.5 hours.
Summer Concert Series in Congress Park Starts This Weekend
The annual summer concert series in Congress Park is back! Enjoy free concerts at the park’s War Memorial (across from the Canfield Casino) during the months of July and August. The concert series kicks off this weekend with a performance by The Proudest Monkey at 7:00pm on Sunday, July 11. The rain location will be the Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center.
Siro’s Restaurant to Reopen After Construction & Upgrades
Since opening in 1945, Siro’s Restaurant in Saratoga Springs has been a popular place for track attendees to dine and drink after the races. Although the restaurant has been closed recently for construction and upgrades, they are preparing to reopen to the public on Wednesday, July 14, the day before Saratoga Race Course opens for the season. The annual Siro’s Cup will also take place on July 14, but the dining room will be open to the public for dinner by reservation only.
New Dates Announced for the Saratoga Showcase of Homes
Originally scheduled for September 18-19, 25-26, and October 2-3, the 2021 Saratoga Showcase of Homes will now be held over two weekends in October: October 9-11 and October 16-17. This date change will allow this year’s participating builders to finish their new home projects in time for the popular event. Now in its 25th year, the Saratoga Showcase of Homes will feature an amazing lineup of 13 locations from the region’s finest builders.
- Saratoga Report: Siro’s Starting a New Chapter And Will Open For Business July 14th