Summer fun continues in the Saratoga region with horse racing and beverage tastings at Saratoga Race Course, local fairs and festivals, and a pop-up event on Beekman Street. Get full details on what’s happening in our news/events roundup below!
Don’t Miss Out on These Summer Events
Whether you like fair food, live music, or horses, there is an event for you in and around Saratoga:
- The Altamont Fair: Today through August 22
- Family Fun Fridays at Brookside: August 20
- Saratoga Arts Celebration: August 21 – 22
- Buffalo Spirit Festival: August 21 – 22
- Hudson Crossing Park’s Summer Music Series Presents: David Moore: August 21
- 2021 Saratoga County Horse Farm Tour: August 22
- 2021 Washington County Fair: August 23 – 29
- Travers Stakes Poster Signing with Greg Montgomery and Tiz the Law Team: August 24
- TRF BBQ at the Barn: August 24
- Summer Concert Series in Congress Park: Garland Nelson: August 24
- Ballston Spa Concerts in the Park: Ballston Spa Community Jazz Band: August 26
See the full events calendar >>
4 Newsy Updates From the Racetrack, Beekman Street, and Beyond
Week 6 at the Track: Alabama Day, Tastings & Other Special Events
There are just a few more weeks of racing left at Saratoga Race Course, so stop by this weekend and make the most of it! The highlight of the weekend will be Alabama Day on Saturday, August 21, which features the Grade 1, $600,000 Alabama, the Grade 2, $200,000 Lake Placid for 3-year-old fillies, the $120,000 Smart N Fancy for fillies and mares sprinting 5 ½ furlongs, and more.
Plus, there will be a variety of special events to check out, including:
- Cooperstown Distillery Tasting (12pm-4pm): Friday, August 20
- Trifecta of Tastings (1pm-5pm): Saturday, August 21
- Dunkin’ Discover Your New Brew Sampling Event (3:30pm): Saturday, August 21
- Live Music at the Volcan Tequila Summer Music Stage: Friday, August 21 – Sunday, August 22
Friday Pop-Ups Continue on Beekman Street
The next Friday Pop-Up on Beekman Street is happening today (Friday, August 20)! This evening from 5:30pm-8:00pm, you can explore outdoor art displays with local artists and makers on the lawns and porches of the Beekman Street Arts District. There will also be live music and refreshments for visitors to enjoy. If you can’t make it to this pop-up event, then mark your calendar for the next one on September 17.
Look Forward to the Return of Sunday Brunch at The Gideon Putnam
As noted on the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce’s Facebook page, The Gideon Putnam’s popular Sunday brunch will return this fall on September 19. The Gideon Putnam will serve Sunday brunch weekly through November 30, 11:00am-2:00pm, and seating will be available in the famous Arches Room and on the expansive outdoor patio. See the full menu and make your reservation on their website.
Clifton Park Native Opens Full-Service Hair Salon
Lush Lounge, a new family-oriented hair salon, recently held its ribbon cutting and grand opening celebration on Saturday, August 14. Located in Clifton Park, Lush Lounge is a full-service salon owned by Clifton Park native Stephanie Villano, and they offer everything from haircuts and extensions to formal styles, add-ons, smoothing treatments, and more. You can find them at 1798 U.S. 9 in Clifton Park.
Find fun things to do indoors on the next rainy day >>
- The Saratogian – Lush Lounge celebrates ribbon cutting