From annual events like the Saratoga Showcase of Homes to popular Halloween season attractions, Saratoga offers no shortage of fall fun. Stay up-to-date on what’s new in the area!
Mark Your Calendar for These Top Weekend Events
There’s a lot going on this weekend in Saratoga! Here’s a preview of some events you should know about:
- Saratoga Book Festival: October 15 – 17
- Pumpkin Glow & Light Show Drive Thru Experience at Ellms Family Farm: October 15 – 16
- Field of Horrors: October 15 – 16
- Double M Haunted Hayrides: October 15 – 17
- Nightmares at Liberty Ridge Farm: October 16
- Clifton Park Elks “Elktoberfest” Beverage Tasting & German Food Fundraiser for Cerebral Palsy: October 16
- 4th Annual Chip & Sip with Food Drive & Chili Cook-off: October 16
- Jump Into Fall: Fall Festival with Pitney Meadows and The Waldorf School of Saratoga: October 16
- Saratoga Showcase Of Homes Weekend 2: October 16 – 17
- 21st Annual Great Pumpkin Challenge (Virtual): October 16 – 31
- Fall Festival Golf Tournament: October 17
3 Fun Updates From Around the Region
Check Out the Beautiful Entrance Garden at Saratoga Spa State Park
Looking to get outdoors with the family this weekend? Take a trip to Saratoga Spa State Park and check out the new fall-themed entrance garden, which features beautifully arranged pumpkins and flowers. It’s the perfect spot for photos, and afterwards, you can go for a walk in the park.
Watch a video showcasing this year’s garden (from the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce): https://www.facebook.com/saratoga.chamber/videos/288930749730611/
Enjoy Flavorful Seafood at the New Galley Bar and Grill
Late last month, a new family-friendly seafood restaurant called The Galley Bar and Grill officially opened at 2839 U.S. 9 in Ballston Spa. According to an article from The Record, this new establishment has a nautical theme, and restaurant owners Andrew Costopoulos and Steve Crandall aim to offer something for everyone. Their menu includes a mix of pub grub like burgers and sandwiches, as well as seafood specialties like lobster rolls, fish n’ chips, and grilled salmon.
Local Bakery Plans to Open a Storefront in Ballston Spa
The Sweetish Chef, a Ballston Lake-based bakery, is well known for offering grain-free, low carb versions of your favorite snacks and treats. Although their goods are currently only available for pickup and purchase at local shops, the bakery plans to open a storefront at 76 Front Street in downtown Ballston Spa. An opening date hasn’t been announced yet, but you can follow their Facebook page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/thesweetishchefllc
- The Record: Galley Bar and Grill serving seafood and more in Malta