A huge car show is happening in Ballston Spa this Sunday, there’s a new comic book store to check out in Saratoga, and we’ve rounded up even more news to know below!
Check Out a Cool Car Show, Frightening Fun, and Other Events
Ready to have some fun? Here’s what’s going on in the local area:
- Dinosaurs in Motion: Multiple Dates
- Pumpkin Glow & Light Show Drive Thru Experience at Ellms Family Farm: October 7 – 10
- Double M Haunted Hayrides: October 8 – 10
- Field of Horrors: October 8 – 10
- Bike Tour of the Spa State Park: October 9
- Saratoga Hard Cider & Doughnut Fest: October 9
- Nightmares at Liberty Ridge Farm: October 9
- Saratoga Showcase of Homes Weekend 1: October 9 – 11
- 19th Annual “The Way We Were” Car Show: October 10
- City Hall and the Canfield Casino: Celebrating 150th and 151st Anniversaries: October 14
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region – The Big Ball Fall: October 14
4 Newsy Tidbits From Around the Saratoga Region
The National Museum of Racing Participates in I Love NY’s Fall Path Through History Weekend
I Love NY’s 2021 Fall Path Through History Weekend is happening on October 9 – 11, and during it, a variety of special events will be taking place across the state. One of the participating museums is the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, and from October 9 – 11, they will have a self-guided tour available to all visitors highlighting museum objects related to New York’s rich racing history. The National Museum of Racing’s current hours are Wednesday – Sunday, 10:00am – 4:00pm.
Saratoga Springs Gets a New Comic Book Store
Comic book fans rejoice! Although the Comic Depot in downtown Saratoga closed back in October 2019, the Spa City has a new comic book store named Cosmic Capes Comics. Located at 9 Hampstead Place just around the corner from Wilton Mall, Cosmic Capes Comics offers a great selection of comic books, graphic novels, statues and collectibles, cards, board games, and more. Check out their catalog here: https://cosmiccapescomics.myshopify.com/
Find the Perfect Gift at the New Tide & Purl
Whether you’re preparing for the holiday season or just looking for unique gift ideas, be sure to stop by the new Tide & Purl in Schuylerville, which recently held its grand opening event on October 1. This modern gift shop features an assortment of curated gifts, wares, and delights, and customers will find everything from novelty notebooks to scented soy candles. Their address is 123 Broad Street in the heart of Schuylerville.
Local Ice Skating Rinks to Receive Improvements
According to a recent article from News10 ABC, the City of Saratoga Springs is partnering with Skidmore College to improve the city-owned ice skating rinks on Weibel Avenue. Skidmore College currently leases time at the city’s rink for hockey practices and games, and thanks to this partnership, the college has been authorized to build a new hockey locker facility. In addition, Skidmore will give the city over $600,000 for license fees and projects, such as a new traffic light at the rink entrance and upgrades at both rinks.
- News10 ABC: Saratoga Springs, Skidmore College to upgrade ice rinks