The first weekend of March has arrived, and it’s going to be an exciting one here in Saratoga. You can get ready for spring at the annual Home & Lifestyle Show, bring your furry friend to Impressions for a Pups’ Pawty, celebrate Celtic Treasures’ anniversary, and more.
Prepare for the Weekend With These Upcoming Events
Find things to do throughout Saratoga this weekend and beyond:
- The Seven Wonders: A Tribute to Fleetwood Mac: March 4
- 2022 Saratoga Home and Lifestyle Show: March 5 – 6
- Winter Farmers’ Market: March 5
- Love Our Locals Pub Night @ The Winery: March 5
- Annual Impressions Pups’ Pawty: March 5
- Whiskey & Bonfires at The Saratoga Winery: March 5
- Corona Cabin Fever Luau at Clancy’s Tavern: March 5
- Tang Guide Tour with Erica Chang ’23: March 6
- Guided Evening Hike at Moreau Lake State Park: March 9
3 Newsy Updates From Saratoga Area Businesses
Celtic Treasures Celebrates Its 30th Anniversary This Month
Celtic Treasures in Saratoga Springs is one of the largest importers of Irish gifts in Upstate New York, and this month, the shop is turning 30! The business’ official birthday weekend is March 11-13, but the celebration will kick off this weekend with a Branigan Weavers Cape Sale on March 5-6 (20% off the featured merchandise as well as 20% off all compact discs).
From March 11-13, customers can enjoy live music on all three days, as well as 20% off crystal, china, and pottery on March 11, 20% off all sweaters on March 12, and 30% off all jewelry on March 13. The birthday celebration will conclude with the “Anything Green T-shirt Sale” on March 19-20.
Local Meal Prep Service Ready to Expand
Greenfork, a local meal prep service based here in the Saratoga area, aims to provide tasty and nutritious meals for health conscious customers. The business currently operates out of a kitchen in Wilton Mall and offers delivery and pickup at select locations; however, starting in early to-mid March, Greenfork will also serve their items in the food court. According to The Saratogian, Greenfork’s mall location will mainly serve breakfast and lunch, with breakfast wraps, pancakes, soups, sandwiches, ready-to-go meals, and more available.
National Museum of Racing Reveals the 2022 Hall of Fame Finalists
Each year, the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame recognizes the achievements of racehorses, trainers, and jockeys who are worthy of induction. For 2022, 11 finalists comprise the museum’s Hall of Fame ballot, including six racehorses, four trainers, and one jockey.
Here is the full list of finalists:
- Racehorses: Beholder (first year of eligibility), Blind Luck, Havre de Grace, Kona Gold, Rags to Riches, and Tepin (first year of eligibility)
- Trainers: Christophe Clement, Graham Motion, Doug O’Neill, and John Shirreffs
- Jockey: Corey Nakatani
Ballots are being mailed out to the Hall of Fame voting panel this week, and all candidates that receive 50% plus one vote (majority approval) from the panel will be elected to the 2022 Hall of Fame.
- The Saratogian: Local meal prep service Greenfork set to expand with Wilton Mall storefront