Enjoy a rockin’ new musical and have all your problems solved by the “The Drag Queen King” on Friday, then touch up your dramatic monologues and watch a captivating musical cabaret on Saturday! There’s even more to do on Sunday—and you can do it it all at the inaugural Orchard Project Arts Festival, from July 8-10.
The Orchard Project Arts Festival marks the long-awaited return of Orchard Project’s in-person programming to Saratoga Springs, and they’re restarting with a bang! Marquee cabarets, in-person readings of projects (both finished and unfinished!), concerts, musicals, workshops for interested creatives, and more mean there’s something for everyone over the weekend.
The Festival will also give guests a sneak peek at some up-and-coming artists from the Orchard Project, which has supported the creation of over 300 productions, including more than a few Broadway musicals.
Costs vary, and some events are free—so be sure to check the schedule and details below!
2022 Orchard Project Arts Festival Schedule
FRIDAY JULY 8
- 7pm @ Caffe Lena: Penelope, a new rock musical by Alex Bechtel, starring Broadway’s Grace McLean
- 9pm @ Universal Preservation Hall: Martha Graham Cracker Solves All Your Problems
SATURDAY JULY 9
- 11am @ Saratoga Arts: FREE Workshop: ‘518 Monologues’ Writing Workshop
- 1pm @ Saratoga Arts: FREE Reading: THE DOUBLE[S] by Winne Kemp
- 2pm @ Saratoga Arts: FREE Reading: Once Upon a Tra’ by Nelson Diaz-Marcano
- 8pm @ Universal Preservation Hall: Famous in New York, a musical cabaret directed by Emmy award-winner Lance Horne
SUNDAY JULY 10
- 11am @ Saratoga Arts: FREE Reading: THE DOUBLE[S] by Winne Kemp
- 12pm @ Saratoga Arts: FREE Reading: Once Upon a Tra’ in Puerto Rico, by Nelson Diaz-Marcano
- 3pm @ Caffe Lena: Penelope, a new rock musical by Alex Bechtel, starring Broadway’s Grace McLean
How to attend the Orchard Project’s 2022 Summer Festival
Become a supporting “Member” of the Orchard Project! Donors at the Member level are able to reserve general seating for all events, and donors at higher levels are able to bring guests to events and can reserve the best available seating. Supporters can visit www.orchardproject.com to make a tax-deductible donation at any time.
Tickets for the events will be on sale at Universal Preservation Hall and Caffe Lena. Links for single ticket purchase are also available on www.orchardproject.com.
You can find more details about the Festival (including pricing and longer descriptions) by clicking the link below!