There’s been a lot of panic about the recent viral outbreak. There are many theories to its origins, some more terrifying than others. There is still a lot we do not know. There are some things we do. Currently, there is no approved standard treatment, only necessary sanitation and immune supportive measures to try to avoid getting sick and optimize wellness.
We must be mindful and take care of those most at risk by following the recommended measures. That being said, reacting with overwhelm and anxiety can negatively alter our immune system. While it is wise to take proper precautions and keep our immune system strong, and others safe with staying home, it’s also important to not panic. We must do our best to handle the unknown with more faith.
I just posted an update on my homepage regarding the current pandemic. In it, I discuss the ever-evolving facts and also why it’s important to do our best to remain centered. Please click here to read it so you can have a more comprehensive picture of the situation.
How to Stay More Serene During the Pandemic
So, how do we not panic with announcements of quarantines and outbreaks, news media feeds at Y2K levels, and hand sanitizer sales reaching an all-time high? It’s natural to have some trepidations, and we must be gentle with ourselves. Thankfully, we have some tools that can help us through this with more sanity.
Below are some tips for helping us through this situation with more serenity. These are not cures of the recent pandemic and are not approved to treat, cure, or prevent it! They are meant to be supportive of health, however.
- Be practical and cautious. Use all your proper hygiene methods, wash hands, and consider using essential oils, such as Thieves oil to supplement your cleaning and support your overall health. Carry hand sanitizers with you if you go out and be a little more diligent in using them and wiping things down. Also, please stay home whenever possible and follow containment guidance from states and nationally to protect the more vulnerable population.
- Read my articles on coping with stress and using essential oils to calm the brain and body. It’s hard when fear is all around to get back into our rational brain and allow our body to reset. These aromatic tools can help accomplish this.
- Consider keeping some immune balancing oils, elderberry, and extra vitamin C on hand and in stock for added immune and body support when dealing with chronic emotional turmoil. Many people who have complications from this virus are already compromised or have abnormal immune responses to the virus, so it is important to stay strong physically and emotionally for ourselves and others. I listed some other common herbals and nutrients for overall wellness and health on my website here.
- Consider EFT and tapping. This link provides some good morning and evening sequences that are under 10 minutes for managing stress. They can help quiet your mind and allow you to move forward. There is also a specific tapping sequence on panic around the coronavirus.
- Get good rest, proper hydration, adequate nutrition, and love-up on your loved ones and furry friends at home! Reach out virtually during self-containment. These all are great wellness boosters! (source)
May you all stay strong, safe, healthy, and sane as you navigate through this troubling time.
(Make sure to follow me on Facebook and social media for all my updates, resources, and scientific articles on this and other health news and become a subscriber. Also continue to watch for evolving updates.)
My Disclaimer About Immune Supporting Measures
The above suggestions are for overall health only.
According to experts and the World Health Organization (WHO), there is no approved standard of care treatment, cure, or preventative for COVID-19. Supportive measures and containment are in full force as a result. Please see the CDC website and your state’s website for more information and updates. They also state when to contact your physician related to symptoms and travel history, exposures.
Please read my more detailed article on this subject here.
Access Exclusive Content on Essential Oils and Start Using Them Safely with My Free Resource Guide!
This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)
Disclaimer: This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.