We’ve been in a bit of a catch 22 coming into 2022.
The benefits of human connection and social support on our emotional and mental health have never been as poignant as it is now. For almost two years, the need for connection and touch has been overpowered by the fear of contagion and a concern for safety.
Perhaps, being separated from loved ones for such a long time may have made you appreciate even more, on a visceral level, the ways that relationships and closeness affect your mood and physical symptoms.
In my latest article, I explore how we need to be more mindful of the power of human connection on our overall health. I also explain why we need more hugs and their eight health benefits.
- The impact of relationships and social support on health
- The links between isolation and disease outcomes
- How human touch and connection are needed now more than ever
- The eight healthy reasons why we benefit from hugs on the body, mind, and emotional level
- How many hugs we need a day. (Our Daily Dose of Hugs, DDOH)
- Ways to incorporate more touch into your life
Click here to read more.
I hope, after reading it, you will make it a point to seek out more hugs from friends and family!
Sending you a big virtual hug!
Resources for Learning More about Essential Oils & Naturopathic Medicine
- If you’d like to learn more about essential oils’ properties and their use for whole-body support, view my database here.
- You can discover the five reasons essential oils and naturopathic medicine make a great team here.
- Feel free to explore my dedicated essential oils website which features the brand of essential oils I use with clients and information on specific products for healthy living.
- Finally, grab my free essential oils guide! It contains all the information you need to get started with essential oils! Even if your a seasoned oiler, signing up to get the guide will provide access to future education on essential oils and wellness topics. Click here.
Book an essential oils consult here.
This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.