Modern medicine is missing the mark in cardiovascular care by simply treating symptoms and lab markers.
Even with all the advances we’ve had in science, research, and treatments over the past few decades, heart disease remains the top cause of mortality globally. Worse yet, it’s prevalence is projected to increase by 30% by 2035.
Conventional interventions focus too much on physiological or surgical manipulation of the downstream effects of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and not enough on its causes. There is also too little attention paid to the mind-body-heart connection, which is vital for a healthy cardiovascular system.
In fact, perceived loneliness, isolation, and psychological disorders are substantial risk factors associated with cardiovascular mortality that are barely heeded. Furthermore, healthy relationships decrease the risk of one suffering from a repeated heart attack and buffer the negative strains on the heart and mind.
Therefore, along with addressing the traditional risk factors of CVD, expanding awareness on its overlooked symptoms, and integrating holistic treatments for all the mediators in heart health, we also need to incorporate more ways to enhance the benefits of connection into healthcare.
For those who are struggling with relationships, one way to initially mitigate the strain on the heart and mind physiology is through incorporating mind-body practices. These can help to promote self-awareness, relieve overwhelm, and decrease inflammation.
Essential oils are one of these easily accessible tools that can be used to promote emotional resiliency, stress relief, and hormonal balance for better intimacy skills and healthier hearts.
In my latest post and video, I discuss:
- The importance of integrating social connection into conventional medical care.
- How using mind-body medicine, in the form of essential oils, can support one’s relationship with themselves and others.
- My new membership community to help foster and promote connections and mind-body wellness! For only $12/month, less than a cup of coffee a day, my exclusive subscription option offers members:
- access to my massive essential oils database
- exclusive content with continual updated information and research on essential oils and wellness topics
- community belonging and a discussion forum
- monthly Q&As with me
- and more!
Learn more about using essential oils for healthy hearts and relationships and discover more about my community membership here.
After all, it is the neurobiological and mind-body aspects of love and relationships that are the “medicines” needed if we are going to truly create a world of healed hearts.
Naturopathic Medicine and Holistic Resources for Hormone, Digestive, and Mood Support
- Free resources and more education on essential oils and mind-body wellness are available to you here.
- Tools for coping with isolation and separation.
- An Integrative Mental Health and Stress Resource Guide.
- My community membership program.
Stay Connected! Sign-up for my weekly newsletter.
Disclaimer: This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.