The essential oil revolution isn’t the only transformational movement that is occurring in healthcare.
We are also amid the “omics” revolution. In this episode of The Essential Oil Revolution you’ll get an excellent overview of what this entails. You’ll also learn how it can impact your wellness and how it is shaping the future of medicine.
Dr. David Brady is the most suited expert to help us understand this concept. Besides being one the most brilliant integrative physicians that I know, he is also one of my mentors and another of my favorite past professors from when I was a student in naturopathic medicine school.
Dr. Brady has an exceptional talent to take complicated topics, synthesize all the details, and explain them in a precise and eloquent manner.
This astuteness is appreciated, because when discussing metabolomics, genomics, and other “omics,” things can get complicated. Thankfully, Dr. Brady filters down all this detailed information for us.
In the first part of the show, Dr. Brady explains how we can glean knowledge from different metabolic, genetic, microbiome, and other lab markers to glimpse into someone’s unique physiology. This assists a practitioner to personalize their client’s or patient’s care. This level of precision is especially helpful when someone is suffering from a chronic disease or mood issue.
Toward the middle of the episode, we explore the physiological changes that occur in the brain of someone experiencing long-term pain, trauma, a mood imbalance, or a chronic condition. Specifically, their nervous system will often enter a state of hypervigilance.
Can you guess what can help to tune down this exaggerated nervous system response?
Yes, it is essential oils!
You’ll want to tune-in to the full episode to discover how all of this connected and educate yourself about this important shift in how we are approaching medical care.
Here’s the Overview of What You Will Learn:
- How Dr. Brady’s passion for finding the answers to his mom’s cancer diagnosis led him down non-conventional approaches. Today, Dr. Brady is an international expert in some of the hardest to treat chronic diseases, including fibromyalgia and Myalgia encephalomyelitis/Chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).
- The power of the therapeutic relationship and the importance of a physician to be open- minded and seek solutions for their patient.
- What “omics” medicine is and how it personalizes and tailors medicine. Dr. Brady reviews how it differs from diagnosing pathologies from traditional labs.
- The difference between analyzing a gene variation, a SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism), such as MTHFR, in genomics and using metabolomics.
- What is hypervigilance and how metabolomics can determine the best supplements to take based on various stress markers.
- How essential oils can impact metabolomics and hypervigilance.
- How essential oils are underutilized and understudied in functional and integrative medicine and why we should use them more for the full healing power they have.
- The importance of “omic” testing and why one may want to consider it over just treating symptoms.
- How to look for a reputable lab and why split sampling isn’t the best way to assess the accuracy of a lab.
- The Fibro-Fix book.
- Dr. Brady’s favorite oils (citrus) and how they uplift mood and can help with focus.
- Closing Questions: What Dr. Brady does daily for self-care and what he thinks we should ditch and replace with instead.
Click here to listen in on the latest episode and access the show notes.
Click here to get more resources and details on the show and Dr. Brady in my article.
Naturopathic Medicine and Holistic Resources for Hormone, Digestive, and Mood Support
- Stay Connected! Sign-up for my free weekly newsletter.
- Free resources and more education on essential oils and mind-body wellness are available to you here.
- Tools for coping with isolation and separation.
- Learn about my community membership program that provides full access to my essential oils database, essential oils course, Q&As, and exclusive content.
- The Essential Oil Revolution podcast
Disclaimer: This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.