Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is one of the most commonly diagnosed neurodevelopmental disorders in kids. Approximately 10% of children are impacted by it, and it also effects 8% of adults.
Like any mental health issue, ADHD is a brain health disorder. It is not due to a lack of willpower or a personality defect. When the brain is not functionally optimally it can impact almost every aspect of life, including relationships, school and work performance, and self-esteem.
ADHD also often co-occurs with psychiatric disorders, such as anxiety, depression, and sleep disorders. This makes proper diagnosis a challenge. Furthermore, although symptoms may look similar in people, they may be caused by different biochemical factors, lifestyle patterns, and brain signaling imbalances. As a result, the treatment of ADHD complex and why we need an approach that is personalized, comprehensive, and holistic.
Dr. Stoychev offers such a method. As a licensed naturopathic doctor and registered dietitian, he is transforming the brains of his patients that suffer with ADHD. Having struggled with it himself, he has become a leading expert in how to successfully help others with the same challenges.
I am so excited for you to listen to this episode of the Essential Oil Revolution podcast. You will discover how Dr. Stoychev is balancing people’s brains and learn more about many aspects of mental health and ADHD that most are not familiar with.
Below is a summary of our discussion, but make sure to tune in to the full episode so you don’t miss all this valuable information.
- How Dr. Stoychev’s background in nutrition and naturopathic medicine spurred him to specialize in mental health.
- Why mental health is a key foundation to wellness.
- An overview of ADHD: how it presents, the prevalence, misconceptions, adult vs. childhood ADHD, and why it is often missed (especially in females).
- How cortisol can be dysregulated in those with ADHD and what essential oils may help with these patterns.
- How hormones impact ADHD and mental health.
- The link between PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder) and ADHD.
- How the foundations of health support someone with ADHD and PMDD.
- How to optimize sleep in relationship to ADHD.
- Macro and micronutrients that support brain function in those with ADHD.
- The importance of supporting the gut-brain connection in those with ADHD.
- How stress impacts all aspects of ADHD.
- Why decreasing stress is imperative for brain health and overcoming ADHD.
- Essential oils for brain focus, memory, and circulation.
- How lavender calms the brain and why it’s important for ADHD.
- Stoychev’s DIY oil hack that enhances brain function through essential oil diffusion. It is based on a study that showed these essential oils could boost memory by 226%!
- Closing questions: What Dr. Stoychev does daily for self-care and what he believes we should ditch and replace with instead for optimal mental and overall health.
Find Dr. Stoychev at https://www.drgeorgistoychev.com/.
Click here to access the full show summary and additional resources.
Please support the show by providing a rating and feedback on your favorite podcast player. This is a no-cost way to spread the word and to help us stay in alignment with what you want. It also ensures we keep providing you with the best guests, like Dr. Stoychev!
Naturopathic Medicine and Holistic Resources for Hormone, Digestive, and Mood Support
- Stay Connected! Sign-up for my free weekly newsletter.
- Free resources and more education on essential oils and mind-body wellness are available to you here.
- Tools for coping with isolation and separation.
- Learn about my community membership program that provides full access to my essential oils database, essential oils course, Q&As, and exclusive content.
- The Essential Oil Revolution podcast
Disclaimer: This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.