Do you feel that in order to be healthy, you should be a certain weight?
If you do, you are joined by the majority of the population.
The fact is that people of all different body sizes and shapes can become sick at any time for a variety of reasons. Weight is not a sole determinant of health.
In my latest article, I invite you to question the preconceived, diet culture beliefs that body size and shape determine your overall health outcomes. I discuss how the cultural fixation on thinness is not only not helpful, but can be damaging to our health and even sabotaging our efforts to obtain it.
- The harmful implications of diet culture in medicine.
- What Health at Every Size (HAES) advocates.
- The dangers of an unhealthy pursuit of thinness.
- Focusing with a wider lens on health.
- Choosing your path to wellness with self-acceptance.
- Resources for achieving health without food and exercise obsession.
I realize this is a controversial and emotional topic.
I invite you to keep an open mind and read this article.
It may stir up some emotions but also provide an opportunity to shift and change.
My wish and desire for you is to be happy, healthy, and emotionally free.
Accepting your body and treating it well, without trying to manipulate its shape and size relentlessly, may provide you with the rewards you thought you could find in dieting, but never did.
Rather than focus on weight-loss, you have the option to adapt nutrition, lifestyle practices, and wellness solutions to promote well-being and to provide nourishment to the brain and body.
Please comment on this article and feel free to share it with those who would benefit from it.
Be sure to stay tuned for additional supportive resources as I continue my theme on how to live a truly well life from all aspects of health.
Also, be on the lookout for an upcoming program in the near future that incorporates all these aspects of health. I’m excited to offer it to you live for a limited time.
Naturopathic and Functional Medicine Resources
1. Essential Oils for Mind-Body Wellness Online Course & Resources: On Sale Through January 2022!
- This self-paced course is aimed to enhance your health, increase your energy, and balance your mood!
- Learn to get the most out of your essential oils and discover how to find which ones are best for your specific needs.
Enroll now and save 25%!
Sale goes through January 31, 2022! (Coupon code: Discount)
3. Grab my free essential oils guide! It contains all the information you need to get started with essential oils! Even if your a seasoned oiler, signing up to get the guide will provide access to future education on essential oils and wellness topics. Click here.
4. Learn more about essential oils and the company I use. Check out my new website solely dedicated to essential oils at this link.
This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)