If you are a biological woman, you probably know by experience that your hormones impact your emotions and can cause physical discomfort. Unfortunately, many women struggle with negative issues throughout the lifespan co-occurring with their menstrual cycles.
According to WebMD:
“As many as 90% of women experience unpleasant symptoms before their periods. If symptoms are reliably severe enough to interfere with quality of life, it’s defined as premenstrual syndrome (PMS).”
For example, estrogen and progesterone interact with brain neurotransmitters, including serotonin, GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric), glutamate, and dopamine. They also have been associated with playing a role in brain functioning and effect nerve growth and neuronal connections.
In my latest article, I discuss how hormone regulation impacts your physical health, mental health, and mood.
No, this information isn’t just for women. I explore how various hormones impact everyone’s body systems and brain.
In this post, I cover the following topics:
- The amazing power and far-reaching effects of hormones on your body and mind
- How hormones are regulated and how they communicate with their target organs
- The factors which influence hormonal regulation
- The hormone-mood connection
- A review of my series on how estrogen, progesterone, thyroid, testosterone, and oxytocin affect your emotions and mental health
- Why you can’t just replace hormones for optimal hormone balance
- A naturopathic and functional medicine approach to a personalized hormonal harmony protocol
Do you struggle with mood issues or other symptoms? Discover if there may be a hormonal link.
Click here to read the article and learn more about how an integrative approach to mood and hormone balance may benefit you.
Naturopathic Medicine Resources for Mood and Hormone Support
- Free resources and more education on essential oils and mind-body wellness are available to you here.
- If you are struggling with mental health issues, please seek professional help: National Mental Health Hotline
- Stay Connected! Sign-up for my weekly newsletter.
- Stay tuned for an upcoming opportunity that can support you in holistic mind-body-heart-soul healing.
Disclaimer: This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.