Headaches can be a real pain!
In my previous post, I provided an overview on headaches. I discussed their classifications, common types, causes, red flags, and functional medicine tests to consider when the underlying reason for them is hard to determine.
In my latest article and video, I review the major causes of headaches and dive into naturopathic and functional medicine approaches that can help to soothe an achy head based on them.
After all, just taking a supplement because it has evidence for alleviating headaches in trials is not likely to help. Furthermore, if it’s not indicated it could cause additional issues and lead to side effects. For lasting relief, you need to address your specific underlying imbalances.
Click here to read more about getting to the root of your head pain.
- Knowing when headaches require prompt medical intervention
- Conventional treatments for the most frequent headaches
- Addressing the root causes of common types of headaches
- Holistic approaches to headaches triggered by environmental exposures and food
- Naturopathic and functional medicine tips for headaches including nutrition, nutrients, supplements, essential oils, and lifestyle factors
Knowledge of these aspects about headaches can help you and your physician nail down what may be contributing to the pain in your face and head. This can guide a more personalized treatment protocol for you that addresses the problem from its origin.
For my community members, stay tuned for more information on using essential oils for headaches to be posted in your membership vault and essential oils database.
Naturopathic Medicine and Holistic Resources for Hormone, Digestive, and Mood Support
- Stay Connected! Sign-up for my free weekly newsletter.
- Free resources and more education on essential oils and mind-body wellness are available to you here.
- Tools for coping with isolation and separation.
- Learn about my community membership program that provides full access to my essential oils database, essential oils course, Q&As, and exclusive content.
Disclaimer: This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.