Consistent headaches are likely not a cause for immediate concern. Still, they could be an indicator of a deeper problem brewing. In the long-run, if they are not probably resolved, this imbalance could increase your risk for a disease.
In my series on headaches, I reviewed their classifications, common types, causes, red flags, and functional medicine tests used to determine their underlying origins. I also highlighted naturopathic and functional medicine approaches for soothing an achy head by addressing the root cause. Among them was aromatherapy.
In my latest video and article, I start a new series where I dive deeper into how essential oils can be supportive to the mind-body. I also highlight how their aromatic and chemical properties can address deeper, underlying dysregulations as they help alleviate symptoms. The article features a spotlight on peppermint oil.
- The concept of synergy in plant medicine
- Essential oils’ ability to address symptoms as they simultaneously balance our physiology, biology, and biochemistry
- Peppermint oil’s multimodal actions that can help to correct mind-body dysregulations
- Peppermint oil’s roles as an antimicrobial, digestive aid, anti-inflammatory agent, nervous system stimulant, and modulator of brain health and cognitive functioning
- Clinical studies on the use of peppermint oil for headaches, digestive issues, and brain power
Click here to read more about peppermint oil for headaches and its impact on the mind and body.
This article will give you a deeper appreciation for peppermint oil.
For my community members, I have additional resources, references, and a Q&A video on this topic in your membership vault.
Naturopathic Medicine and Holistic Resources for Hormone, Digestive, and Mood Support
- Stay Connected! Sign-up for my free weekly newsletter.
- Free resources and more education on essential oils and mind-body wellness are available to you here.
- Tools for coping with isolation and separation.
- Learn about my community membership program that provides full access to my essential oils database, essential oils course, Q&As, and exclusive content.
Disclaimer: This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.