1. Teen Improv Boot Camp is at the Saratoga Springs Public Library on Tuesday, Jan. 10th. Join professional comic & improvisation instructor Terrie Gifford for four sessions of group improv comedy training which will finish with a performance on Jan. 31st that is open to the public and family and friends! Have a teen that wants to learn more about performing and improv? Then this is for them! Attendance at all workshops is required. Contact Trevor at 584-7860 x 239 for more information.
2. Tuesday for Tots is at the Children's Museum at Saratoga at 69 Caroline Street on Tuesday, Jan. 10th. This is a great program because it is offered twice during the day. Join them anytime between 10 am - 12 pm for play dough, crafts, games and friends! The afternoon session from 1-3pm offers all the same fun and is perfect for morning preschoolers!
3. Wednesday, Jan. 11th check out Artful Afternoons at the Hyde Collection in Glens Falls. This week's theme is Functional Art in Hyde House, Sculpting Clay Pens. Drop-in between 1:30-4:30PM Wednesdays during the school year for children ages 6-12 with an adult chaperone. Each week children are invited to learn about a specific artist, work of art, or style from the Museum's permanent collection and will explore a variety of artistic mediums as they create their own Hyde-inspired masterpiece. When you arrive, check in at the Admission Desk to receive a guide, follow the guide as a family/group, and then join them in the Art Studio where your child will create their own art! Contact them at (518) 792-1761 for more information.
4. On Friday Jan. 13th check out Homeschool Fridays: Art of the Chinese Dragon from 10 to 11:30am at go! where children discover the world, 89 Warren St. in Glens Falls. Join artist Kimberly Leahey to explore the art of the Chinese Dragon using watercolors. Call 518-793-2773 for details and registration. Cost is $5 museum admission fee plus $5 program fee, ages 5-12.
5. On Saturday, January 14th at 1pm head to the Children's Museum of Science and Technology in Troy for What Goes Up: A Lesson in Floating and Sinking. Join CMOST staff in an exploration of what things go up and what things go down, in liquids. Kids will learn about density and buoyancy and get their hands wet during this workshop! Ages 4+, Free for CMOST Members, $2.00 Non-members, plus admission to The Museum. Pre-registration is required.