On tap for this week: a delicious wine dinner benefit, book club, live music, restaurant week and St. Patrick's Day! Make sure you find a sitter because there are so many fun things to check out, here are my Top Five picks!
1. On Wednesday, March 14th at 6:30pm head to Beekman Street Bistro at 62 Beekman St. in Saratoga Springs for a special wine dinner to benefit Saratoga P.L.A.N. Cost is $50 per person and you can enjoy expertly paired Spanish Wines and Spanish food prepared by chef and owner Tim Meaney. Space is limited, please call for a reservation (518) 581-1816. Menu includes Mussels with Saffron and Grilled Pork Loin with Paprika. For More Information Call: (518) 581-1816.
2. Books and Tea is on Thursday, March 15th at 3:30pm. The Saratoga Springs Public Library's reading group will meet this month to discuss Brooklyn: A Novel, by Colm Toibin. Books and Tea is an ongoing program that runs from September through June, admission is free.
3. Saratoga County Restaurant Week starts this Friday, March 16th and runs until Sunday, March 25th. Get a 3-Course dinner for just $20.12 at over 40 participating Saratoga County restaurants during Saratoga County Restaurant Week! Reservations are strongly suggested during Saratoga County Restaurant Week and can be made by calling the restaurant of your choice.
4. Also on Friday check out The Refrigerators at Vapor at Saratoga Casino and Raceway at 8pm. No Cover Charge. Doors open at 8pm. Bands take the stage at 9pm. For More Information Call: 518-584-2110.
5. My number one spot to celebrate St. Patrick's Day is The Irish Times Pub and Restaurant! They have pulled out all the stops and will make your 2012 St. Paddy's day the best ever! Live music, Irish dancers, and bagpipers, plus they will have green party hats, beads and more! They are also offering a traditional Irish meal with an Irish buffet all day starting at 11:30 AM. There will be corned beef and cabbage, Irish bangers n' mash, Celtic chicken curry and shepherds pie. For More Information Call: (518) 583-0003.