We’ve got eggs on the brain this week! Learn how to dye them naturally and have an “eggstravaganza” to support the Double H Ranch! There’s also some French art, reading to Quinn and exercise for the little ones, check it out here!
1. On Wednesday, March 28th bring the kids to read to Quinn! Quinn is a Newfoundland who trains regularly with the Northland Newfoundland Club and has taken many classes through The Complete Canine. He is certified through Therapy Dogs International. This adorable pup loves people, especially kids, and loves to make people smile. He will be very happy to lie quietly and listen to any story you choose. Simply call the day you wish your child to read to Quinn to schedule a 10 minute appointment. 584-7860 opt. 3 Drop-ins are also accepted if there are time slots available.
2. Friday, March 30th has Wiggle and Giggle at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga! From 10 – 11:30 kids can come and learn what they can do with their bodies through structured group activities and guided free play. Kids can crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll bolls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments. This is a great opportunity to meet new friends and get some exercise!
3. From 10:30am till noon on Saturday, March 31st head to The Hyde Collection in Glens Falls for kids to check out the Artist of the Week! This week’s featured artist is Courbet. See the French artist’s work and make an inspired work of art in the Art Studio. Admission is free. For More Information Call: 518-792-1761.
4. Want to learn how to dye eggs the eco-friendly way? Head to Saratoga Spa State Park for their Natural Egg Dye Workshop on Saturday from 11am – 12:30pm. Kids will learn all about what colors you can make with different vegetables and will bring home some naturally dyed eggs of their own! Registration is required and there is a $5 fee. Call (518)-584-2000 ext. 116 to register.
5. On Sunday, April 1st help support the Double H Ranch and join them at the 5th Annual Eggstravaganza at the Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Waterpark, for a day of fabulous breakfast & fun-filled children’s activities centered around a spring theme. Breakfast & Activities 9:30-11am, Complimentary Admission to the Waterpark from 11am – Close. Come dressed for fun! Bring your bathing suit & towel. The event will feature children’s games, dancing, bingo, Magician Alan Edstrom, egg decorating, mini-manicures for princesses, Six Flags craft stations, silent auction, and a fantastic breakfast buffet provided by the Great Escape Lodge and US. Foods.Partners Members – $100 (per family of four), $15 for each additional child, $40 per adult, $20 per child and Non-Partners Members – $120 (per family of four), $20 for each additional child, $45 per adult, $25 per child. For More Information Call: 518-696-5921 ext. 269.