Once again the weekend holds all of the best bets for kids! We've got some family friendly arts events all over the city, plus a not to miss photography event where you can get a FREE portrait of your child, and a photography event where your child takes the photos, check it all out here!
1. On Saturday, June 9th head to the Lower School, 62 York Avenue at The Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs for their Open House and ArtsFest Venue from 9:30am to 12:30pm. Meet their faculty, students, and parents and view displays of student academic and artistic work! Take part in their ArtFest offerings; Storytelling, dance performances, circus arts workshops, and FREE wood fired pizza! For more information please contact Anne Maguire at 587-2224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. SaratogaArtsFest isn't just for FAB nights out, it is also super family friendly and is packed with events for everyone in the family to enjoy! One of the highlight kids' events is Kids Do Art, a family-friendly series of events at Universal Preservation Hall on Sunday, June 10th from 12:30 to 3:30pm. The hands-on activities and performances for kids include crafts, beads, pottery, Magician Alan Edstrom, the AMAZING Kids' Circus, Myers Dance Center/Northeast Ballet and more! Cost is $5 or free with ARTSPASS.
3. Also on Sunday come to the first annual Beekman Street Art Fair, featuring a juried art show with displays and demonstrations by local and regional artists. Attend family-friendly performances under the big tent, purchase fine art and craft works, and watch a demonstration of the artists' craft. In addition, enjoy refreshments and tasty treats from a variety of food trucks! The art show will run from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and performances run from noon to 5 p.m. On Beekman St. from Grand Ave to West Circular St. in Saratoga Springs. Admission is free. Please call 518-583-2120 for more info.
4. Ashley Brown Photography is having an incredible event this Sunday from 9am-2pm at Experience Events Styling & Design, 526 Maple Ave, The Studio, Saratoga Springs. Each child will receive a complimentary 8x10 fine art headshot of your choice at the Simply Childhood Portrait Event. Additional prints and products will be available for purchase, but not required. Guests will also have the opportunity to view the studio space they shoot in, and see and feel their lineup of beautiful prints and products. This event is an open house, so please feel free to drop by at any time! RSVP's are not required, but appreciated. Get more info at email@example.com.
5. There is even more action on Sunday with the Agricultural Stewardship Association's Farm Photography for Kids at Elihu Farm, 654 Beadle Hill Rd, Valley Falls, NY. From 2-4pm Cliff Oliver will lead this tour of Elihu Farm where Bob and Mary Pratt raise sheep, about 100 adults and 150 lambs for food and fiber which they sell through the Saratoga Farmers' Market. They also have 600 laying chickens and 100 geese on their 150-acre farm, which was conserved in 1995. A portion of the farm has also been protected through the Federal Wetlands Reserve Program. Cost is $10. For More Information Call: 518-692-7285.