Wine tastings, restaurant samplings, Girls Night Out at SPAC and it is finally Opening Day at the Saratoga Race Course! I can't wait for Hats Off!
1. Tonight head to Crush & Cask Wine and Spirits for a Wine Tasting to Benefit Camp TLC from 5-7pm. This organization provides the camp experience to those children who are not fortunate enough to be able to attend camp without the help of Camp TLC. They will be pouring 8 fabulous wines and I've even created a special martini in honor of Camp TLC. Crush & Cask will offer 10% off any wines purchased this evening.
2. Tuesday, July 17th is the 4th Annual Taste of Malta at HVCC Tec Smart, 345 Hermes Road in Malta from 5:30-7:30. A variety of Malta area restaurants will be serving samples of their best fare at this year's Taste of Malta. Presented and sponsored by the Malta Business & Professional Association and The Adirondack Trust Company. Sample cuisine from a variety of Malta area restaurants including Lake Ridge, Prime at Saratoga National, Panza's Restaurant, Ripe Tomato, Bentley's Tavern, Jonesville Store, Spa Brauhaus, Lily & the Rose and DiDonna's South Shore Restaurant just to name a few! The cost is $15 admission per person for 15 food tasting tickets. Additional tickets are $1 each. Half the proceeds to benefit Partnership for Innovation in Education program of the Ballston Spa Central School District, a fund that supports innovative district wide programs and initiatives that are outside the normal budget line such as: the US F.I.R.S.T. Robotics and LEGOS MINDSTORMS that inspire students to be science and technology leaders.
3. On Wednesday, July 18th head to Girls Night Out at the New York City Ballet at Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Sponsored by Star 101.3, Times Union and Academy of the Holy Names, at the Girls Night Out event you get a chance to experience complimentary massages, mini mani-pedi's, yoga, make-up consultations, hair blowouts, nutrition advice, tarot card reading, palm reading, complimentary fine wine, chocolate tastings and more. A perfect opportunity to treat yourself and relax with the girls, plus the highlight of the night is that you get to take in the gorgeous ballet performance of Romeo and Juliet. The evening also includes a Pre-Performance Talk: Conversation with a NYCB dancer starting at 7pm in the Gold Room in the Hall of Springs. Enter for a chance to win two free tickets to this event today at Mamatoga.com courtesy of Pediatric Dentistry of Glens Falls! For More Information Call: (518) 584-9330.
4. Friday, July 20th is Opening Day at Saratoga Race Course! Admission gates open at 11am and First Race Post Time is 1pm Parking: FREE General Parking and $10.00 Trackside Parking (open at 6:45 am). General Admission/Grandstand Admission $3.00, Clubhouse admission $5.00, Children under 12 FREE with parent/guardian. I can't wait for another exciting season of racing right here in Spa City, I will see you there Opening Day!
5. Hats Off to Saratoga, the weekend festival celebrating opening weekend at the Saratoga Race Course is this weekend! Each year, the city comes together to celebrate the beginning of track season with live music, good company, and of course, hats! Over 4,000 attendees are expected as downtown Saratoga comes alive. Expect live music at a number of outdoor venues throughout downtown on Friday and Saturday, as part of the Hats Off Music Festival. Music styles range from jazz, rock, classical, a cappella and more at several different locations. All performances are FREE and open to the public. Then on Sunday, don't miss the centerpiece of the Hats Off to Saratoga Festival: The Hat Contest at the Saratoga Race Course! Put on your finest chapeau to enter to win a prize! There are different categories you can enter under, ranging from Kreative Kids to Uniquely Saratoga.