Hey, Skidmore students: if you didn’t fly out to the Bahamas this spring break, chances are you’re chilling in your Northwoods or New Scrib apartment, trying to “study” and “get a head start on your thesis,” but we’ve got some distractions for you that aren’t Netflix. Stop wondering what food your roommate won’t notice if you eat and check out these spring break ideas to have a staycation in Saratoga.
- On Saturday, March 8th at 7 pm hear from Author Ellen Stimson on her book Mud Season, a charming, self-deprecating tale of Ellen’s trials and tribulations moving from St. Louis to Vermont.
- On Saturday, March 15th at 7 pm hear from New York Times Bestselling Author Jennifer McMahon about her new novel, The Winter People.
- Learn authentic Italian cooking techniques to blow away your roommates on Tuesday, March 11 at 6:30 pm.
- Meet Sustainable Saratoga at Empire State College on Tuesday, March 11th at 7 pm
Get Artistic – Saratoga Paint & Sip
- Paint Solo Cala Lily on Wednesday, March 12 at 7 pm
- Moonlight Ski on Thursday, March 13th at 7 pm at the Vischer Ferry Nature Preserve.
Get Irish – Pre-St. Patrick’s Day Parties
- Saratoga Winery | St. Paddy’s Bash – Friday, March 14th at 6 pm
Dancing, corned beef & cabbage, and $4 glasses of green wine!
- Parting Glass Pub | 4 Day St. Pat’s Celebration – Kicks off Friday night
Celebrate St. Paddy’s early at The Parting Glass. On Friday, hear The McKrells live, then join them on Saturday for Hair of the Dog.
- Irish Times | St. Pracktice Day Party – Saturday, March 15th starting at 1 pm
The St. Pracktice Day party gives everybody the chance to warm up for the big day, but this will be your main event. Enjoy Irish Step Dancers, bagpipes, free hats & t-shirts, live music, and everything you need to make it feel like the real St. Patrick’s day.
- North Creek Railway | Ales and Rails – Saturday, March 15th from 12:30 – 7 pm
Get your friends together for this min-spring break getaway. Take a two-hour scenic train ride from Saratoga Springs to North Creek while sampling local ales and beers and listening to Irish Music. Spend the day at Gore Mountain tubing, shopping, or snowshoeing, then enjoy more beers and snacks on the way home.