Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our selected roundup of activities and events ranging from story-time for the tots to an elegant and magical start to the Saratoga Season.
Something for the family:
- Ride your bike to The Children’s Museum at Saratoga on 69 Caroline Street for Bike to the Museum Day on Saturday May 30th to celebrate Bike Safety Month! Starting at 10 am and going until noon, you can learn about bike safety, ride through a bicycle obstacle course, and buy raffle tickets to enter to win a new bike and helmet! You can also stock up on books for your children’s summer reading. Usborne Educational Consultants will be at The Children’s Museum with a Special Exploration Corner and a big selection of children’s books in the museum.
- Check out Northshire Bookstore’s Artsy Afternoon on Sunday May 31st! Located on 424 Broadway, bring the little ones to hear a spring story as well as make a garden craft inspired by the book read! Perfect for children ages four and up.
- Take Part in the 8th Annual Cantina Kids Fun Run! This athletic event for kids up to age 12 is held in beautiful Congress Park. Proceeds support pediatric emergency services at Saratoga Hospital, as well as pediatric dental care and assistance to families for prescription drug costs at Saratoga Hospital’s Saratoga Community Health Center.
Fundraisers and Galas
- On Friday May 29th, the 13th Annual Opera Saratoga Gala will take place at the Canfield Casino. Celebrate the start of the summer social season with cocktails, dinner, silent and live auctions, and dancing! Tickets are $150 and the event goes from 6:30-11 pm.
- Go back in time to the roaring twenties at the Saratoga Golf and Polo Club on Saturday May 30th! Dress in your best “Gatsby style” and support The Wesley Community while enjoying music, exquisite food, an ice cream sundae bar, and more! The event goes from 6 – 10 pm and tickets are $100 per person and $175 per couple
- Check out great, FREE, live music on Friday May 29th at Gaffney’s! Rick Bolton and Jeff Walton will perform from 5-8 pm at 16 Caroline Street. So head over, grab a drink with friends, and enjoy the music!
- Swing by Phila Street at Bailey’s Cafe on Saturday May 30th for free, alternative music being performed by The Leah Woods Trio! The show starts at 9 pm and is scheduled to go until midnight.
- Kick off SPAC‘s summer concert season this Sunday, May 31! Lady Antebellum with special guests Hunter Hayes and Sam Hunt will be performing live. This concert is also part of the GE Kids in Free Days series, so if a child under 12 will be with you, their admission is at no cost!
- Have a knack for theatre and Shakespeare? Or are you wanting to learn more? Check out one of the nation’s experts on theatre and Shakespeare, Tina Packer, at Northshire Bookstore this Friday May 29th starting at 7 pm! Packer will discuss her book, “Women of Will” with a presentation you cannot miss.
- Go shopping this weekend and feel good about it! Head to downtown for Shopping for a Cause all day Saturday May 30th from 9:30 am-5:30 pm. Simply purchase a $25 shopping pass to use at over 25 stores in downtown Saratoga! The proceeds will benefit The Saratoga County Children’s Committee and shoppers can enjoy free coffee at Putnam Market in the morning, great discounts and deals at the shops, as well as the chance to win raffle prizes, just to name a few.
Still ready for more? Check out our full list of events!