With a new season comes a variety of new food specials and happenings in the Saratoga area! We’ve rounded up some recent Spa City food news. Check it out:
Healthy Living Comes to Broadway
Healthy Living Market and Café has opened its second location in Saratoga at 420 Broadway! Visitors can find the same delectable baked goods, salads and sandwiches that are available at the Wilton Mall location. Healthy Living’s philosophy is to provide clean, healthy, unprocessed and delicious food to the public. The hours of operation are 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM seven days a week.
DZ’s Pink Card
DZ Restaurants is taking a stand against breast cancer throughout the month of October. Purchase a DZ Restaurants Pink Card for $25 and receive 25% off at all DZ Restaurant locations during the month. All proceeds from sales of The DZ Restaurants Pink Card will go to To Life! to benefit breast cancer education and support. The Pink Card is available for purchase at Chianti Ristorante, Forno Bistro, Pasta Pane and Boca Bistro.
Healthy Living Teams Up With Local School
Healthy Living has been busy! The café and market has teamed up with Saratoga Independent School to makeover their lunch menu with more nutritious options straight from the shelves of Healthy Living. The menu will feature healthy entrees such as veggie burgers, sweet potato and black bean burritos, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as organic and nutritious snacks. Eli Lesser-Goldsmith, Healthy Living’s owner, stated in a press release, “I am so proud of the effort to educate and empower the school’s staff with a menu of easy to prepare meals that are healthy, nutritious and affordable. Kids eating right during the day is key to a highly functional mind and body, and this program aims to do just that.”
Celebrate Lake Ridge Restaurant’s Anniversary
In honor of their 14th birthday, Lake Ridge Restaurant is offering a special menu all month long. For just $14 dollars, you can pick from the following small plates to enjoy:
- Stuffed Zucchini: Zucchini boat stuffed with onion, kale, mushroom, sun-dried tomato, topped with melted provolone and garlic basil oil.
- Crab Con Queso Dip: Creamy house cheese blend with spinach, red onion, green chillies and lump crab meat. Served with an assortment of flat breads and crispy breads.
- Lobster Mac and Cheese: Creamy house cheese blend tossed with mezzi rigatoni, butter poached lobster meat and topic with garlic panko crumbs.
- Scallop Sliders: Pan seared diver sea scallops with mango salsa, watercress and Sriracha mayonnaise.
- Duck Sliders: House made duck confit topped with starred foie gras, fig jam arugula and balsamic drizzle.
- Spicy Corn Fritters: Topped with Carolina pulled pork, roasted tomato zucchini salsa and drizzled with hot honey.
- Pork Belly: Slow roasted, served crispy with bourbon syrup, pecan crumble and braised red cabbage.