The weekend is nearly here, but are you ready for it? Find out what kinds of fun events are taking place in the Saratoga area, and read on for some local news to know.
Don’t Miss Out on All the Winter Fun Happening
Here’s what’s going on in the region from this weekend into next week:
- Saratoga County Restaurant Week: Save Our Locals Edition: Today through February 24
- Fire & Ice Bar at The Mill on Round Lake: February 18-19
- They’re Playing Our Song: February 18-20
- Snow Day: A Flurry Festival Fundraising Concert: February 18
- Free Fishing Days in NY State: February 19-20
- Winter Farmers’ Market: February 19
- Love Our Locals Pub Night @ The Winery: February 19
- Family Hike at Moreau Lake State Park: February 20
- 2022 Saratoga Beer Week: February 22-26
See the full Saratoga events calendar >>
Local Business News & More From the Saratoga Area
Have You Been to Saratoga’s Newest Flower Shop?
For years, Samantha Nass Floral Design was an appointment-based studio that focused on weddings and other special events. However, in late January 2022, owner Samantha Nass pivoted her business and opened a new retail store at 61 Lawrence Street in downtown Saratoga. Customers can expect to find everything from flower arrangements to plants, vases, candles, gifts, and more.
A New Locally Owned Restaurant Is Coming to Clifton Park
It’s always exciting when a new restaurant opens in the region, especially one that is locally owned and operated. This May, a new restaurant called The Flats Restaurant & Tavern is expected to open at 675 Grooms Road in Clifton Park.
According to the Albany Business Review, co-owner Mel Hathaway is a Clifton Park resident, and the restaurant is under construction by landlord and contractor Robert Romano. Once complete, The Flats will be able to seat 130 people inside and 60 outside on the covered patio. The menu will feature elevated tavern food with a Cajun twist.
Mark Your Calendar for Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival
One of the highlights of summer in Saratoga Springs is the annual Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival at SPAC. Now in its 45th year, the popular event will feature a full two-day, two-stage festival experience on Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26. In a recent press release, SPAC shared that the Jazz Festival will include a remarkable roster of 24 musical groups, and for the first time since 2019, the Charles R. Wood “Jazz Discovery” Stage will return and serve as the second stage.
Tickets for the festival start at $65 and will be available online beginning March 16 at 10am to the general public. Tickets will be available to SPAC members (tiered by level) starting on March 7 at 10am.
All Aboard! The Saratoga Corinth & Hudson Railway LLC Opens This Spring
Scenic train rides are a fun and family-friendly way to explore the area, and this spring, the newly formed Saratoga Corinth & Hudson Railway LLC will begin tourist operations. The railroad company will operate between Corinth and Greenfield on the former Delaware & Hudson Railway Adirondack Branch, and tickets are available now for a 90-minute vintage train ride. Trains will depart from the Corinth Station.
Enjoy winter fun with the family next week >>
- Trains – New tourist operation to launch in New York’s Saratoga County
- Albany Business Review – New locally owned restaurant/tavern planned for Clifton Park
- Albany Business Review – After years of running events-only business, Saratoga florist opens shop