These Saratoga Golf Courses Are Recipients of Notable Regional & National Awards for Excellence!
When it comes to hitting the links on Saratoga NY golf courses, Saratoga National and Airway Meadows golf clubs offer an exemplary opportunity to experience the very best in the sport! Meticulous fairways and beautifully manicured greens -- plus excellent amenities, dining facilities and services -- make these Saratoga golf courses a cut above!
Saratoga National Golf Club
The renowned Saratoga National Golf Club is a premiere public golf club in Saratoga Springs! Saratoga National has consistently won accolades and awards for its exemplary golfing greens and fairways, facilities and dining. This course offers a quality of amenities and facilities usually reserved for some of the most exclusive private golf clubs in the country.
Golf Digest has awarded Saratoga National Golf Club some of its most prestigious awards, including it in its "Best in State" rankings for 2007-2008!
In addition to placements on the "Best New Upscale Public golf Course in America" list and "100 Best Public Golf courses in America", it has also received recognition from other nationally known professional sources:
- Named "Golf Course of the Year" by the National Golf Course Owner's Association (NGCOA)
- "Best Courses for Women to Play" by Golf for Women Magazine two years in a row
- "Best Public Access Golf Course in New York State" by Golf Week Magazine
Saratoga National offers exceptional surroundings and unparalleled service to its patrons. Extras include an on-site events staff and a concierge service who will gladly arrange tickets, reservations, and transportation for you.
Golf is not the only award-winning event at Saratoga National! Sargo's Restaurant (now Prime at Saratoga National) was an award-winner in its own right. Its awards and excellent reviews include the following:
- Recipient of a four-and-a-half star review from Metroland
- Four-star review from Albany Times Union
- Winner of the AAA Four Diamond Award for 2005 and 2006 (The Only Four Diamond Award recipient in all of Upstate NY!)
- Winner of the 2004 Award of Excellence from the North American Restaurant Association
- Winner of the Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” for 2003 – 2005
- Named “2002 Best New Restaurant of the Year” for the Capital Region
Airway Meadows Golf Club
Airway Meadows Golf Club is an award-winning golf course located in Gansevoort just outside of Saratoga. Airway Meadows has earned a reputation as a challenging golf course with a variety of interesting holes, not to mention that it enjoys the unique distinction of an airport runway between the second and eighth fairways!
Airway Meadows has earned recognition and many awards, including:
- Awarded four stars by Golf Digest Magazine
- Named 2006 "Golf Course of the Year" by the New York State Golf Course Owner’s Association for 2005 and 2006
- Listed in “Best Places to Play” by Golf Digest Magazine
- Included in the Top 11 “Fly-in Golf Destinations” in the nation by Aviator’s Guide Magazine.
Originally a working dairy farm, the owners of this course maintain lovely ponds, creeks, covered bridges, and wildflowers that make this a truly special Saratoga area golfing experience.
For more great golfing information, visit SaratogaGolf.com! Find course locations, reviews, tournaments, and pro shops as well as the most valuable information on public and private Saratoga golf courses you won't want to miss!