Old Red Spring is located on High Rock Avenue past Empire Spring, in the beautiful Saratoga Springs.
The Old Red Spring was discovered soon after the Revolutionary War. It boasted one of the first bath houses, about 1784. The spring was known as the "bathing" or "beauty" spring because of its reputation for curing skin ailments. It is low in minerals and relatively high in iron.