The information you are viewing for this event is from 2018.
Please check back for updates.
The 2018 Altamont Fair
Head to the annual Altamont Fair for new and old traditions and an array of shows and attractions! There will be live music every day, concessions, vendors, and a wide variety of exciting fair rides.
Note: The program is subject to change without notice. Visit the Altamont Fair website for any last-minute changes.
- Midway Rides
- Animal Exhibits
- Live Music
- Axe Women
- General Admission Info
- Fair Hours & Buy Tickets
Dreamland Amusements will be bringing the Midway and Carnival to the 2018 Altamont Fair. This is the area where you'll find tons of exhilarating amusement rides, all your favorite fair food and drinks, and plenty of games too.
For thrill seekers, one of the can't-miss rides is Delusion, which can lift 16 passengers into the air and spin them around 360 degrees. The attraction features pulsating LED lights and music from The Rolling Stones and other groups. In addition, some of the new rides include Dream Wheel, Super Loop, Cliff Hanger, and the Loli Pop Swing. Take a walk through the Midway and experience the excitement!
Children under 36" are not permitted on Midway rides. There are three rides for kids under 30" and adults may ride with younger children on the Big Wheel and Merry Go-Round. There are multiple Kid Zones at the fairgrounds. Limited rides are available for children 36"- 48.”
Don’t forget about the animals! Farm animals have been and remain a key part of fairs in the U.S., and the Altamont Fair is no exception. Horses, sheep, goats, rabbits, chickens, and more cute farm animals will be at the barns and show rings during the fair. It’s a great opportunity to learn about these animals and see live demonstrations.
In addition, Uncharted Wild LLC will be at the Office Gazebo on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with their vibrantly colored exotic reptiles. Visitors will be captivated by their engaging presentations.
- Friday - 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 7:00pm
- Saturday - 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 7:00pm
- Sunday - 2:00pm
From Tuesday through Sunday, the Altamont Fair will host an awesome lineup of musical talent from around the Capital Region. These concerts are free to attend with general fair admission and range from country music to energetic party bands and more. Check out the music highlights for this year’s fair:
- Tuesday & Thursday at 5:00pm - Live Karaoke at the Beer Saloon (1st Ave.)
- Wednesday at 7:30pm - The Audiostars (Reid Northrup Stage)
- Thursday at 8:00pm - Skeeter Creek (Reid Northrup Stage)
- Friday at 7:30pm - The Refrigerators (Reid Northrup Stage)
- Saturday at 8:00pm - Big Sky Country (Reid Northrup Stage)
- Sunday at 7:00pm - New York Players (Reid Northrup Stage)
The popular Axe Women Loggers of Maine will be bringing their one-of-a-kind show to the Altamont Fair from Wednesday through Friday at the Grandstand. The team is made up of female timber sports athletes who are world champion choppers, sawyers, logrollers, and axe throwers. Come watch as they showcase their unique skills in competitions and demonstrations!
Performance Times at the Grandstand:
- Wednesday - 2:00pm, 5:00pm, 7:30pm
- Thursday - 2:00pm, 5:00pm, 7:30pm
- Friday - 2:00pm, 5:00pm, 7:30pm
- Saturday - 12:30pm, 4:00pm, 7:30pm
- Sunday - 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 7:30pm
Looking for an event that’s sure to get your heart racing? Visit the Grandstand on Tuesday night for the Monster Trucks Freestyle Event! Hear the engines roar as these massive trucks fly through the air, speed around the arena, and give a performance you won’t soon forget. If you stop by before the show at 5:00pm, you’ll have a chance to meet the drivers and get autographs and photos near the trucks.
The Monster Trucks Freestyle Event will include a Power Wheels Demo Derby, which will feature kids in their own small vehicles. This will be a fun-filled event for both the participating kids and spectators.
- Tuesday at 5:00pm - Meet & Greet with Monster Trucks (Grandstand)
- Tuesday at 7:00pm - Monster Trucks Freestyle Event and Power Wheels Demo Derby (Grandstand)
Discount advance sale tickets are only $15 each!
- At the gate admission for Tuesday and Wednesday: $17
- At the gate admission Thursday - Sunday: $19
- Children under 36" are free, no rides included
- Special admissions on Wednesday, August 15
- Senior citizens 65 years young and up receive free admission with ID Wednesday until 6pm, which includes rides
- Grange members receive free admission with ID Wednesday until 6pm, which includes rides
- Armed service members (active military and veterans) receive free admission with ID Wednesday until 6pm, which includes rides
- Call for group rates
Visa, Mastercard, and Discover are accepted at all gates. There are ATMs available on the fairgrounds. They also accept the NY State Association of Agricultural Fairs, Inc. Pass, which includes admission, parking, shows, and entertainment (no rides).
Fair Opening Times:
- Gate 2: Opens at 8:00am daily with paid admission for the livestock shows
- All Gates and Buildings: Open at 10:00am daily
- Exhibits and Vendors: Open at 11:00am daily
- Midway: Opens at 12:00pm daily
Fair Closing Times:
- Tuesday - Thursday: Midway and Carnival close at 10:00pm; Exhibits close at 10:00pm
- Friday - Saturday; Midway and Carnival close at 11:00pm; Exhibits close at 10:00pm
- Sunday: Livestock Barns close at 7:00pm; Midway and Carnival close at 10:00pm
Ready to enter a world of fair fun? Plan your trip to the Altamont Fair today!