This week we’ve got a fabulous horse show to check out, Field Day Friday, showing the State Park some love, a family friendly benefit supporting Wildwood Programs and more!
1. The Saratoga Springs Horse Show starts this Wednesday, May 2nd! Held at Yaddo and the Saratoga Racecourse from 8am to 5pm admission is $3 per person. Formerly known as the St Clement’s Horse Show, this new horse show will be held May 2-6th and May 9-13th. Check out the new classes being added to the show, especially the TAKE 2 program introducing thoroughbred race horses into a second career. For More Information Call: (518) 584-1226.
2. Friday, May 4th will be Field Day Friday–3:00 – 4:30 pm at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. Cost is free with admission, drop-in. Field Day Friday will have all the bests of field day activities. Stop in and jump some rope, toss bean bags, help create a giant hopscotch, hula hoop until you drop, and participate in other fun and physical activities! Note: In the case of inclement weather, we will cancel the program. Please call ahead to ensure this program is running. Call 518-584-5540 for more information.
3. Saturday, May 5th is I Love My Park Day at Saratoga Spa State Park. From 9am to noon come join the Friends of Saratoga Spa State Park in celebrating I Love My Park Day, an exciting new statewide event to improve and enhance New York’s parks and historic sites and bring visibility to the entire park system and its needs. Our park will host a family friendly volunteer event taking place at the SPAC parking lot, located by the “Sundial”. The event will start at 9 AM and last until 12 PM and will involve a park-wide spring cleaning. All ages are welcome to help out and to participate in this park-wide event! To Register call (518) 584-2535.
4. Also on Saturday head to the Wilton Mall for Mom and Kids Day from noon to 4pm. Performances by 12 year old Matthew Boyce as Elvis the King, 12 year old Anthony Gargiula and the AG Dance Crew and music and games with Sound Control DJ’s. Also Great Escape Timbertown characters, make Mother’s Day cards for mom, free photos with Star 101.3 FM’s Twinkle the Bear and enter to win great prizes- a deluxe motorcoach trip for four to the Bronx Zoo from AAA Northway, tickets to the Fresh Beat Band at SPAC, Regal movie passes and tickets to Taste of Home Cooking School at the Saratoga Springs City Center. For More Information Call: 899-3000. Admission is free.
5. On Sunday, May 6th check out WILDWOODstock at the Parting Glass Pub from noon to 9pm. This is the 5th Annual Benefit Concert and Auction for Wildwood Programs. All ages are welcome (Kids 12 & Under FREE) Get tickets at The Parting Glass. Music by OLIVIA QUILLIO, HOLLY & EVAN, ThE BLiSTeRz, BRIAN GIBNEY BAND, ERIN HARKES BAND, BETH ZAJE, THE CITY NEVER SLEEPS, ROB SKANE 3. Cost: $5 Presale/$10 Door (Kids 12 & Under FREE). For More Information Call: 518-339-2758.