Some good old-fashioned family fun at the fair, an ice cream eating contest, live music, the Smurfs, and the best lemonade stand in town…check out what this week has to offer for kid friendly fun!
1. The Washington County Fair starts Monday and runs until Sunday, Aug 26th at the Washington County Fairgrounds in Greenwich. Old-fashioned family fun is right around the corner! The Washington County Fair will bring great food, music, entertainment, rides, animals and so much more! This year, the fair brings back traditional favorites as well as new entertainment for all ages. With exhibits, demos, tractor pulls, farm museum, and over 40 shows and judged happenings going on daily – there is truly something for everyone! Cost is $10 with kids aged 14 and under are FREE!
2. This Wednesday, August 22nd is the Stewart’s Ice Cream Eating Contest at Saratoga Race Course! The coolest way to beat the summer heat, racing fans will come to the Spa spoon-in-hand as they prepare to compete in the ultimate in chilly contests, registration is at noon at the Jockey Silks Room. Contestants will be divided into three age groups – kids, teens and adults – as they battle to see who can down a pint of ice cream the fastest. The competition will unfold outside the jockey silks area at Saratoga Race Course. The winner will receive gift certificates for free ice cream courtesy of Stewart’s Shops. For More Information Call: (518) 584-7064.
3. Also on Wednesday head to the Saratoga Springs Public Library to check out Seth and the Moody Melix from 11am-12pm. Seth Warden, Brian Melick, and Doug Moody of Seth and The Moody Melix will engage children with multicultural music, including instruments, songs, and rhythms in a fun, creative environment. Their music enhances children’s development of concentration, discipline, self-esteem, and social interaction. Seth and the Moody Melix is a children’s band for everyone. No registration is necessary. For all ages. Free admission. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860.
4. Wednesday night head to the Clifton Commons in Clifton Park to join Radio Disney AM 1460 for Family Flicks in the Park! Grab a blanket and come out for a night filled of family fun with a FREE showing of the film The Smurfs! Come early for Fun and Games with the Radio Disney AM 1460 Road Crew starting at 7pm. Movie starts at sundown. Donate new writing tools for school to the Radio Disney Project Family Back to School Drive benefiting the Boys and Girls Club of America! Bring your donations such as pre-packaged pens, pencils, crayons and markers to help celebrate a great start to the new school year.
5. On Friday, August 24th head to the 3rd Annual McCarthy Family Lemonade stand in front of G. Willikers on Broadway in Saratoga from 2-10pm to help them raise money for pediatric cancer research. This is a fun way to help out a great cause, drop by and have some cool lemonade to help them reach their goal this year!