This week we’ve got a great family concert, a chance for teens to explore digital sound and composing original songs, the great Adirondack Balloon Festival, a fun program with Wilton Wildlife Preserve and the Saratoga Horse & Tack Expo!
1. On Wednesday, September 19th check out the Family Concert: Bridges of Peace and Hope at the Lake Ave. School Auditorium at 126 Lake Ave in Saratoga Springs from 7-8pm. Admission is free. Singer, songwriter, author, and peace educator will perform original music with student participation for a family audience (K-5). Building a peaceful world, preventing bullying, finding harmony. There will be a 3:45 rehearsal for kids wanting to be part of performance. For More Information Call: 584-6091.
2. Teens can explore digital music & sound effect tools at the Teen Digital Music & Sound Lab on Thursday, September 20th at the Saratoga Springs Public Library from 7-8pm. This is an intro, intended for users that are new to creating digital music and will get teens composing some original songs. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860 ext 239.
3. New York State’s largest hot air balloon festival, the Adirondack Balloon Festival returns September 20- 23, 2012. Bringing balloons, family fun, and so much more to the Glens Falls region! Watch in wonder as dozens of balloons launch into the sky and then float up, up and away over the Adirondack countryside. If you haven’t been, there’s nothing quite like it! Get details on the schedule, including the popular Moon Glow at the Adirondack Balloon Festival, plus much more at the link below. More information visit: https://www.glensfalls.com/things-to-do/balloon-festival/.
4. Join educators from the Wilton Wildlife Preserve for a 4-week series of fun afterschool nature-related activities for students in Grades 3-5 on Saturday, September 22nd from 2-3pm with the Wilton Wildlife Animal Identification for Children & Families program. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860 opt. 3.
5. Also on Saturday and Sunday check out the Saratoga Horse & Tack Expo from 10am to 6pm at the Saratoga Race Course. Come join the fun at the Saratoga Horse & Tack Expo, this event is not only educational and entertaining but a great family fun day for all. Guy McLean, Master Horseman, award winning Outback poet from Australia and the 2012 Champion Road to the Horse International, will headline the expo. Guy is considered one the of best horse performers in the industry and has been performing at major equine events across the USA. Other on track demonstrations will include local talent JD Winslow, a former Circus Horse Trainer with his amazing Draft horses, the Adirondack Drill Team, a breed parade and a variety of Western and English equine activities.The horse expo includes a fun activities area for kids, bouncy houses, delicious food booths, and great shopping for all your tack and horse needs. All proceeds to benefit the NY Horse Park. The NY Horse Park Inc.’s mission is to create a 600+ acre multi-discipline premiere equestrian competition facility in Saratoga County. For More Information Call: (518) 885-7817. Cost: $5 Adults, $10 family of four, kids under 12 free.