Facebook
Twitter

LUNAFEST: 9th Annual National Touring Film Festival


Saratoga lunafest
Saturday, January 30, LUNAFEST comes to Saratoga Springs NY

The 9th Annual National Touring Film Festival makes a stop in Saratoga Springs on January 30, 2010 to support female artists and women's issues. LUNAFEST is presented by Team LUNA Chix New York Moutain Bike and is a national film festival that presents short films "by, for, and about" women.

The film program highlighs the richness of women's stories, illustrated through short films. LUNAFEST was established in 2000 by LUNA, the makers of the Whole Nutrition Bar for Women. To date, the festival has raised over $250,000 and has grown from a single annual event to making 140 stops each season. The festival is out to inspire women's efforts in the community and honor women's individual and collective efforts.

100 percent of all proceeds LUNAFEST raises are donated to charity in support of women's issues and worthy women's nonprofit organizations throughout the U.S. and Canada. 15% are donated to the Breast Cancer Fund and the remaining 85% are donated to a community organization.

The Saratoga LUNAFEST will be donating its proceeds to the Natalia F. Hogan Memorial Scholarship Fund at the Saratoga Film Forum.

The event will be held at the Saratoga Film Forum, 320 Broadway, Saratoga Springs NY and will take place on January 30, 2010, schedule as follows:

  • 3:00pm - Matinee
  • 6:00pm - Silent Auction
  • 7:00pm - Showing of the LUNAFEST films

Tickets are $15 at the door or $12 pre-sale, Saratoga Film Forum members, Hope in the Boat Members, Students and Seniors.

For more information, or to reserve tickets contact nylunachix@yahoo.com or call 518-612-6112.

For more information on the organization visit www.lunafest.org.

For more information on The Natalia F. Hogan Memorial Scholarship Fund, visit here.

 

Find more events in Saratoga >>