Get ready to groove to the music this summer at the Tang Teaching Museum at Skidmore College! The museum’s 19th Upbeat on the Roof concert series will kick off on Thursday, July 11, and feature a vibrant and diverse program of regional musicians.
Listen to Live Music on the Rooftop
Upbeat on the Roof is a unique summer concert series as it takes place on the Tang’s distinctive rooftop deck. All of the concerts are free to attend, and this year, they will be held each Thursday at 7:00pm from July 11 through August 22.
Take a look at the upcoming concert schedule:
- July 11: Nu-Note – R&B and bossa nova
- July 18: Decoda – classical
- July 25: Annie and the Hedonists – vintage blues and jazz
- August 1: Joan Kelsey’s Silver Lining – chamber folk
- August 8: And Other Poems – singer-songwriter
- August 15: Red Haired Strangers – country and bluegrass
- August 22: bell’s roar – queerpop and soul
Visitors are asked to arrive early due to the popularity of the concert series. The roof can be accessed from the museum elevator or outdoor staircases. Free parking is available in the lots near the museum, and in the case of inclement weather, concerts will take place inside the Tang.