The National Museum of Racing conveys the history and excitement of thoroughbred racing, while the Hall of Fame honors the achievements of deserving horses, jockeys, trainers and Pillars of the Turf.
Take a Tour!
The Museum offers an assortment of educational programs for individuals including children, scouts and photographers!
Customize your touring experience at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame. Choose from among our many tour options — we offer both self-guided and guided tours as well as Oklahoma Training Track tours and tours led by retired racecaller Tom Durkin during the six weeks of the Saratoga meet.
As one of America’s oldest sports, thoroughbred racing has a long and rich history. To tell the story of the sport, the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame relies on a renowned equine art collection, stunning trophies, beautiful silks and thoroughbred racing memorabilia.
Galleries and Exhibits include:
- HorsePlay! Interactive Family Gallery
- Ready to Ride! Thoroughbred Racing Simulator
- The Thoroughbred horse racing official national Hall of Fame
Hours and Pricing
Hours and pricing change depending on the season. Please note the following:
- We will be closed September 3, 2019
- From September 4, 2019 through December 31, 2019, we will be open Wednesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Closed on Monday and Tuesday.)
- Note that due to renovations, the Hall of Fame and Race Day Gallery will be closed during this time.
- From January 1, 2020 through June 2020, the entire museum will be closed to the public to complete the Hall of Fame Education Experience and numerous other museum projects.
- The museum will reopen to the public in July 2020
Please visit our website www.racingmuseum.org for more details.
We want to stay connected with you! Become a Museum member and
play a part in preserving the history and legends of racing while receiving access to special members-only events, the quarterly Museum newsletter, discounts on tours and in the Museum gift shop, and much more! More importantly, annual membership provides critical resources for the Museum, allowing us to preserve our mission and plan for the future.
Become a Museum volunteer today! We are always looking for volunteers to help with tours and assist our youth and public programs.
Please visit our website or call 1-800-JOCKEY4 for more information on the National Museum of Racing.